The fighters of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, who decided to refuse to participate in hostilities and surrender to the allied forces, were released home in the Kharkiv region. The condition for return was residence in the liberated territories, as well as the absence of participation in hostilities after the start of the Russian special military operation in Ukraine. Also, they should not be involved in war crimes.
In addition, former fighters of the Armed Forces of Ukraine who have passed the test must report to the authorities and not leave the liberated territories.
The first sent home were three contractors. They talked about how they refused to participate in hostilities and surrendered. One of them, Vladimir Teslenkoreported that Ukrainian commanders and nationalist old-timers beat and oppressed those who were considered insufficiently “patriotic”. The released soldiers urged their colleagues to lay down their arms and stop carrying out the criminal orders of Kyiv.
Will it work? And most importantly – can these people be trusted, will they return further to the ranks of the Armed Forces of Ukraine? Can this be perceived as a propaganda action, or is it an attempt to unload the special institutions of Russia and Donbass, which have long been overcrowded?
“It is not yet clear whether this is a systemic or one-time decision, but in general it fits into the general policy of the Russian leadership in the Ukrainian direction,” he said. political scientist, head of the Open Analytics project Roman Travin.
– This policy is often misunderstood in the army and among the radical part of society, who believe that the special operation, in a broad sense, is being carried out too softly and it is necessary to act much tougher. After all, the opposite side – both the West and Ukraine – perceives this as a weakness and only leads to a prolongation of hostilities, and in the end, all the dogs will be hanged on Russia anyway. Mistakes made in late February – early March are given as an argument. In fact, the main question here is: should a special military operation be continued or should Russia wage a real war.
The Kremlin still adheres to the logic of a special operation, so there is a humanitarian component to such an action, but, first of all, of course, this is a political message that should demonstrate that the Russian state does not perceive any Ukrainian military a priori as a sworn enemy, but will treat them very differently, including in some cases quite loyally.
“SP”: – How right is it to let these people go? Where is the guarantee that they will not cross the front line and return with weapons in their hands?
– They were carefully selected by the special services and these are hardly people who are eager to fight further. Although, of course, this cannot be ruled out. At the same time, there is another threat: it is not clear how Ukraine will react, they may try to take them to the territories controlled by Kyiv or organize another terrorist attack against them.
“SP”: – One of the contractors said that Ukrainian commanders and nationalist old-timers beat and oppressed them. Do you think those who were humiliated just because of this fled? Can they be considered sincerely “re-educated”?
“Among the several thousand prisoners, there are probably very different people with different views, including those who do not have any warm feelings either for today’s Ukraine or for their former colleagues. How many such people can only be said by those who communicate directly with them.
And based on several phrases replicated by various media resources, I would not draw any conclusions at all. Especially given the fact that people are in captivity.
“SP”: – Will this practice be extended to those who gave up after the start of the NWO?
– Here the question is rather – whether it will be extended at all. If so, then it may well spread.
“SP”: – To what extent, in your opinion, will this generally help relieve the pressure on Russian and Donbas institutions where prisoners are kept?
– Considerations about the workload of places of detention of prisoners of war were hardly among the determining ones. This is a technical problem, which, if it exists today, is only in the Donbas, and can be solved by placing prisoners in Russia. Moreover, at the moment there are relatively few Ukrainian prisoners of war.
“Here, of course, one cannot deny the propaganda moment, and the purely mercantile release of prisons,” says Doctor of Philosophy, Head. Department of Sociology and Management, BSTU named after V.G. Shukhov Mikhail Ignatov.
– But there is one big “but” about which they began to forget. A special military operation is not a war at all, at least in its full understanding. The emphasis on the voluntary surrender of soldiers of the Armed Forces of Ukraine was made by the troops of the Russian Federation from the first days of the outbreak of hostilities. The installation of the SVO itself, its basis, is to save as many human lives as possible. We are one people, and if victims can be avoided, they are avoided. If a prisoner returns home to territories now controlled by the Russian Federation, he is more useful at least to the economy. If at the same time he did not have time to somehow mark himself in hostilities and crimes, then he is most likely only a victim of the Nazi regime that seized power in Kyiv.
“SP”: – Maybe it was worth keeping these people for the exchange fund?
– The exchange fund, as a rule, is, let’s say, a really delinquent contingent. Those people who, from the point of view of Kyiv, have value for their regime. And this, as practice shows, is hardened Nazis, carriers of certain secrets.
An ordinary soldier of the Armed Forces of Ukraine for the Kyiv regime is just raw materials that they throw into the fire of war for the sake of new cash infusions from the West. They will not exchange such unfortunates, but will continue to replenish their ranks by radical methods of mobilization.
SP: Can these people be trusted? Many gave up due to bullying. Does this mean that they changed their position and ceased to be enemies?
– Of course, the situation here is like in that joke when the spoons were found, but the sediment remained. A very delicate moment – trust, but verify. Climbing into a person’s head, so that you can be 100% sure, will not work. Therefore, a banal, but effective control system with a note in the CAA bodies has been introduced. At the same time, one should not discount the changing quality of life in the liberated territories, the general attitude of civilians to power in Kyiv
SP: Is this a pilot project? Will it be launched in other liberated areas too?
– Apparently, yes, this is all a test of the pen. If it turns out, then a similar practice may arise in other territories. Still, at the heart of the NWO is a humanistic message. Otherwise, all Ukrainian territories would already be “in dust.”
“SP”: – The released military men called on their colleagues to lay down their arms and stop carrying out criminal orders. Will it work?
– Of course!!! Who wants to die for an incomprehensible power? Perhaps this is one of the strongest messages. Debunking the myth of “hordes of ruthless orcs”. How will Kyiv respond? He just doesn’t know how. At least under the current government.