Recipes for cooking chicken on your fingers can not be counted: fried, baked, stewed, steamed! Today our editorial office invites you to recall a long-forgotten recipe for juicy chicken in the oven, baked in a very unusual way – in a three-liter jar.
Our grandmothers did not use the fancy goose pans, pots and baking sleeves: to feed the family a full dinner, they just had to arm themselves with a can and a simple set of ingredients.
We will tell you how to cook chicken in a jar without water and oil, in its own juice. It turns out so tender and juicy that you can eat with your lips. Our resourceful grandmothers and mothers baked this way!
- 1 kg of chicken
- 10 medium potatoes
- 1 carrot
- 1 onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 bay leaves
- salt, pepper to taste
- allspice peas to taste
- Cut the chicken into portions, salt and pepper to taste.
- Peel onions, carrots and potatoes. Along with the tomatoes, cut all the vegetables into medium pieces (not very finely). Salt potatoes in a separate bowl.
- Place all ingredients in a clean and dry 3 liter jar in layers, add allspice and bay leaves. Do not fill the jar up to the very neck, otherwise it may burst! Close the neck of the jar with foil.
- Put the can in the cold oven and only then turn it on. Bake the dish at 180 degrees for 1.5 hours.
- Awesome chicken with potatoes in a jar is ready! Chicken meat in a jar turns out to be much tastier and juicier than in a goose maker, pots or sleeve. Real jam…
To make every piece of tender meat literally melt in your mouth, try to cook chicken according to our recipe. Lunch at the bank is good because here you can go beyond a clear algorithm: experiment and get a new dish every time!