How I love this delicate sauce! It is not necessary to cook it with Parmesan: the Alfredo sauce will work great with other types of salty hard cheese. What you should pay attention to is the quality of butter and cream that you will use in the cooking process.
I lick my lips at the thought of this sauce: it goes well with a lot of my favorite dishes! Spaghetti, pizza, fish, meat, all kinds of green salads and even sandwiches – all this goes well with white cream sauce …
- 2 tbsp. l. butter
- 1 tbsp. heavy cream
- 1/2 tbsp. grated parmesan (can be substituted with emmental cheese)
- salt, pepper to taste
- Melt the butter over low heat.
- Add the cream gently, stirring gently with the butter.
- Salt and pepper the sauce to taste. Bring mixture to a boil and reduce heat. Stir the sauce for 5 minutes until thick. It is best to use a wooden spoon for this purpose.
- Remove the sauce from the heat and add the grated hard cheese to the mixture. It is very important to mix the cheese and sauce thoroughly!
- White creamy sauce is delicious not only with pasta. I recommend trying this delicious sandwich!
- The viscous white sauce is perfect with meat dishes and pizza! Try to replace it with the usual tomato sauce, the result is amazing …
- Alfredo sauce goes well with herbs and pasta. I love adding a pinch of coriander to it!