Active rest, travel, tourism – all these activities can be comfortable and bring a lot of pleasure. You just need to choose the right equipment and other items that will come in handy on the road. Backpacks with heavy tents, mattresses and sleeping bags are a thing of the past. Now there is a large selection of the same things, but made of modern lightweight and durable materials. They fold up as ergonomically as possible, so there is no need to make compromises when choosing between different types of equipment.
In the store “ALANTUR” you can pick up everything you need for an exciting journey, cycling, mountaineering, and even buy sports nutrition. We will tell you what you should take with you on a hike, and what you need to refuse so that the extra load does not interfere with your enjoyment.
The required minimum of things
We are not talking about survival in extreme conditions, but there is something that everyone who plans a trip as a tourist needs. It is necessary to take into account the season and climatic conditions in the region. This will determine what kind of clothes, shoes and a sleeping bag to take with you. The rest of the rules are as follows:
- Backpack with a capacity of 40 liters. Buy this bag at your own discretion, but keep in mind that the models for women and men are different. Backpacks are also subdivided depending on the type of hike.
- Travel mat (inflatable or cushion). It provides a warm and soft sleeping place in the tent. There are all-season models, as well as those designed only for the warm season. The rugs are versatile, lightweight and compact, especially self-inflating.
- Clothes and footwear for a change (ideally – thermal underwear), a raincoat, things for sleeping.
- Lighter, flashlight (better head-up) and spare batteries.
- Hygiene products and first aid kit. There are special travel kits with everything you need, but you can assemble it yourself.
- Lightweight plastic dishes…
- Personal documents…
- Emergency survival kit. It may include a knife, a rope, a compass, a needle and thread, a tent or mattress repair kit, a water disinfectant, a flask of alcohol.
If you are going on a hike in a group, you may need a walkie-talkie. The rest of the things at your discretion, each has something that he cannot do without. But the weight should be calculated in such a way that you do not get tired at the very beginning of the journey.
Camping in the woods
If you are not planning a long trip for 2-3 days, then choose a backpack that is not too large. It should be roomy enough with convenient pockets. You can place things in them so that you can quickly get them out as needed. It is best to make a complete list in advance, share items between group members, so as not to duplicate the same equipment. In addition to the main three (backpack, tent and cushion), you will need:
- knife, rope, paper napkins;
- matches, lighter;
- smartphone and portable battery (you can additionally take another phone);
- remedies for ticks and other insects;
- warm clothes, raincoat.
All this should fit in a backpack of 40-60 liters. Bring some cash just in case. If you find yourself in an unfamiliar area, you can take a bus or have a snack at a cafe.
About sleeping bags and tents
The sleeping bag should be cozy and warm. In order for you to feel rested after a night in nature, you need to take a responsible approach to your choice. A high-quality model will protect you from temperature drops, wind, draft and dampness. It must be durable, but breathable, and consist of several layers. It is best to select sleeping bags from reputable manufacturers that guarantee quality that has been proven more than once by other travelers. For example, the brands Deuter, Pinguin.
You must take a tent that is designed for the travel season. Touring models should be lighter and more compact than camping models. There are even options weighing only 1.5 kg. The tent is selected taking into account:
- water resistance of the awning and bottom;
- materials of execution.
You can take a closer look at the brands Hannah, Pinguin, Salewa. The models are spacious, lightweight, equipped with vestibules, ventilation windows.
When purchasing equipment, do not choose too cheap equipment with the thought “I’m not sorry to throw it away” or super expensive, because “This is probably the best”. Things should be purchased taking into account the conditions of the hike and suit you personally. Then the trip will be truly enjoyable, you will definitely want to repeat it.