Jan 9, 2022
0 0

What examinations to undergo after COVID-19: step by step instructions

Recovering from COVID-19 can take even longer effort than recovering from the infection itself. About what tests are needed after the disease and which specialist to contact, the deputy told the MedPortal. chief physician of the clinic “Medgorod”, therapist, pulmonologist, Ph.D. Elena Polikanova.

Examinations after a severe course of COVID-19

If you are admitted to the hospital with a coronavirus infection, within two weeks after discharge, Elena Polikanova recommends passing:

  • general chemical analysis of blood;
  • C-reactive protein;
  • ferritin;
  • basic coagulogram;
  • D-dimer.

All of these tests can identify markers of inflammation, iron deficiency, and possible bleeding disorders.

If there is a high risk of thrombus formation, it is necessary to do an ultrasound of the deep veins of the lower extremities, and a month later, re-take the D-dimer.

Examinations after outpatient treatment

For those who have undergone coronavirus easily and were treated at home, after recovery, it is worth going through:

  • electrocardiogram (ECG);
  • Ultrasound of the heart (ECHO-KG);
  • if necessary, a test of the respiratory function.

If you are worried about any postcoid manifestations, you should start by visiting a competent therapist, Polikanova said. With neurological symptoms – fatigue, headache, decreased cognitive functions – see a neurologist. With cardiological – tachycardia, shortness of breath after exercise – to a cardiologist.

“In general, now all doctors are well acquainted with the manifestations and consequences of coronavirus, in the medical world these issues are constantly being studied and discussed at webinars. Unfortunately, it is very difficult to get high-quality care and examination at the district clinic. There, doctors have very difficult working conditions, and in the allotted 12-20 minutes it is difficult for a specialist to pay the necessary attention to a patient with the consequences of a new disease. You may have to look for a specialist for money. “

Polikanova Elena Borisovna

Work of Authorship @ 2xexpert
ic snowflake @ 2xDeputy chief physician for the medical part of the clinic “Medgorod”, therapist, pulmonologist, Ph.D.

Article Categories:

Leave a Reply