One of the most dietary and delicious fish is, of course, hake. It is so versatile that it can be fried in a pan with a whole fillet or in chopped pieces, baked in the oven on a baking sheet and in foil, stewed with vegetables or in tomato paste, boiled and cooked into a wonderful fragrant light ear. A variety of side dishes go well with hake. Various spices complement and reveal it. This recipe for making hake is incredibly simple and is prepared in 15 minutes (if, of course, the hake is fresh or already thawed).
- – a hake carcass without head and entrails, thawed or fresh;
- – a sprig of fresh rosemary;
- – coarse salt;
- – coarsely ground black pepper or a mixture of peppers.
Hake cooking in the oven
1. Turn on the oven at 180C.
2. Rinse the hake carcass well under running water, remove all the entrails, separate the fillet from the bone to get two identical halves. You can buy already prepared fillets – then the cutting stage is skipped. If the hake has a head, then it must be cut off, the insides taken out and the carcass itself rinsed well. Then cut it into fillets in the same way as a headless carcass.
3. Cut the foil off the roll twice as long as a small baking sheet. This is necessary in order to put the hake on the foil, and cover the fish with the second part of it and seal it in an envelope for better baking.
4. Cover the dry baking sheet with foil so that the shiny part is outside and there is half left to cover outside the baking sheet.
5. Put a clean fish fillet on the foil, rub with coarse salt, sprinkle with pepper or a mixture of them, and evenly spread the rosemary leaves, previously removed from the branch and washed.
6. Cover the hake with the second part of the foil, carefully wrap the edges so that steam does not escape from the envelope. Otherwise, the fillet will dry out.
7. Place the envelope on a baking sheet in a preheated oven and bake for 10-15 minutes, depending on the power of the oven and the size of the carcass.
8. This dish is great for a diet or late dinner. Finished hake with rosemary and pepper can be seasoned with a little olive oil and lemon juice.
Enjoy your meal!