On Monday morning, the Azerbaijani Armed Forces again opened fire on Armenian positions on the border in the Tavush region.
Recall that on Sunday, the Azerbaijani side made an attempt to seize the Armenian position, however, having suffered losses, retreated. At night, shelling continued.
“After a two-three-hour pause in the morning, the enemy resumed provocative actions, continuing the shelling of Armenian positions. The Armenian Armed Forces gave a proportionate response. Azerbaijan periodically aggravates the situation on the border, at the moment, artillery shelling and the frequency of use of strike UAVs have decreased. Armenian Armed Forces fully control the situation. The Armenian side has no losses ”,
- the press secretary of the Ministry of Defense of Armenia said Shushan Stepanyan. She does not rule out an increase in the number of losses in the army of Azerbaijan.
An extraordinary meeting of the government took place in Yerevan on Monday, which examined the situation at the border.
“The provocative actions of the Azerbaijani Armed Forces are strictly condemned. This morning they resumed. Thus, the military-political leadership of Azerbaijan will bear all responsibility for the unpredictable consequences of regional destabilization, ”
- Armenian Prime Minister stated in his speech at the meeting Nicole Pashinyan,
According to him, the position of Turkey, which provokes an aggravation of the situation in the region, is of particular concern.
Recall, Turkish Foreign Ministry issued a statement condemning "Attack on the Azerbaijani military", and the Turkish Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu declared the readiness of Ankara to provide any feasible assistance “Brotherly Azerbaijani people” in protecting the territorial integrity of Azerbaijan and threatened Armenia.
“The Turkish Foreign Ministry issued a statement in which not only expressed unconditional support to Azerbaijan, in fact justifying the use of force by this country on the Armenian-Azerbaijani border, but also disseminated frankly false and misleading information. Such a provocative manner in Turkey and unfounded accusations against Armenia confirm the fact that this country does not act as a member of the OSCE Minsk Group, but as a party involved in the Karabakh conflict. It is emphasized that Turkey’s desire to intervene in conflicts in neighboring regions has already led to undermining security and the spread of instability in these regions, ”
- it says in a statement by the Armenian Foreign Ministry.
Meanwhile, the Azerbaijani armed forces fired from the 82-mm mortar shells of the Armenian village of Chinari, located near the border. Fortunately, no one was hurt, residential buildings were damaged.
EU has already made statement regarding the aggravation of the situation on the Armenian-Azerbaijani border. In a statement, the EU calls on the parties “Stop armed confrontation, refrain from actions and rhetoric that provoke tension, and take immediate measures to prevent further escalation”,
On Monday afternoon, an emergency meeting of the CSTO Permanent Council was due to worsen the situation on the Armenian border. However, a message later appeared that the meeting had been postponed.
“The meeting was postponed due to additional consultations between the parties, as well as to determine the format in which the situation on the Armenian-Azerbaijani border will be discussed. In the near future new information will be available ”,
- said the CSTO spokeswoman Vladimir Zaynetdinov,
Armed clashes at the border continue.
Sob. correspondent FSK
On the picture. The border village of Chinari (Armenia) after the shelling, source - Sputnik Armenia
If you notice an error in the text, select it and press Ctrl + Enter to send the information to the editor.