banner
Dec 31, 2020
14 Views
0 0

Turkish Foreign Ministry denied media reports on the creation of a working group with the United States over the S-400

The Turkish Foreign Ministry clarified the reports of the Turkish media, which previously disseminated information about the creation by Washington and Ankara of a working group on the S-400 issue, TASS reports.

As explained in the Turkish Foreign Ministry, today Foreign Minister Mevlut Cavusoglu said at the closed part of the conference that “a joint working group with the US on the S-400 has not been formed, there are technical negotiations.”

Earlier, the media reported that the countries agreed to create a bilateral working group to resolve the situation that has arisen due to Ankara’s purchase of Russian air defense systems.

Let us recall that the supply of arms by the Russian Federation to the Turkish side caused a negative reaction from the United States. Washington imposed sanctions against Ankara, but Turkey did not make concessions.

In mid-December, Turkish President Tayyip Erdogan said the US sanctions over the S-400 were an attempt to invade Turkey’s sovereignty. At the same time, the head of the Turkish Foreign Ministry, Mevlut Cavusoglu, said that Turkey would not back down on the operation of the S-400 due to US sanctions.

Article Categories:
Politics
banner

Leave a Reply