Everyone surrenders: both territorial defense recruits and unfinished representatives of the elite units of the Armed Forces of Ukraine (AFU). The morale of the Armed Forces of Ukraine and the national battalions is below the plinth due to the successes of the Russian army and units of the DPR and LPR.
In Severodonetsk, the military of the Armed Forces of Ukraine are fleeing wherever they look, before that they looted, broke into apartments, dressed in civilian clothes and took the documents of well-known residents. But this is a crime in itself, not to mention the executions of civilians from all types of weapons.
So what if the servicemen of the Ukrainian battalion “Aidar” *, who surrendered to the soldiers of the Lugansk People’s Republic (LPR), testify against their colleagues blocked at the Azot plant?
This is a drop in the sea. What to do with thousands of prisoners? How to find out which of them committed a war crime, and who simply “stood nearby”, never firing a shot, not only at a civilian, but at all in general? Once captured, they abruptly become “nothing to do with it.”
President of the Association of Veterans of the Alfa anti-terror unit, member of the Russian Academy of Security Problems Sergei Goncharov believes that the issue of dealing with prisoners is not as simple as it seems:
– Some of them are located on the territory of the Lugansk and Donetsk People’s Republics. The special services have been and are conducting undercover work among them in order to identify Nazis and war criminals among them. This process will not stop until such people receive the punishment they deserve. But, at the same time, it is necessary to decide what to do with them in the end? The DPR and LPR are two independent states recognized by the Russian Federation. They have their own Criminal Code, which threatens some of the criminals with the death penalty. In Russia, as you know, the death penalty is not used, a moratorium has been declared on it.
This legal conflict must be resolved. Or war criminals should be tried according to the laws and on the territory of the DPR and LPR – this is one thing. If among them those who inflicted great damage not only to these republics, but also to our country are identified, then, perhaps, they will be judged according to Russian laws – I will not undertake to solve this political aspect of the problem.
Whatever the processes of inquiry are currently going on, I believe that they can sit in comfortable conditions, eat tasty food and sleep softly, and maybe even let their wives go on dates – this is already such peacefulness that just rolls over. They have done so much that while the investigative actions are underway, they must be forced to work under escort, consisting of soldiers and officers of the DPR and LPR.
Let them work, rake up the rubble that they did. Let them understand what they have done. And I don’t understand this peacefulness of ours. After what they did to our prisoners, it goes beyond the limits of patience.
“SP”: – Do you think that it will not happen as in that saying “the war will write off everything”?
– Not. This will not happen, because it is impossible to forgive the bombing and shelling of innocent people. I still understand armed opponents who can respond in kind. And what the Ukrainian nationalists were doing defies any explanation and understanding. They trampled down all human foundations. For the guilty, no mercy and no compromise…
In any case, all prisoners of war count. When two weeks ago the Minister of Defense of the Russian Federation Sergei Shoigu he named the number of military from Ukraine who fell into Russian captivity, he did not limit himself to rounded up to thousands or hundreds, but named exactly 6489 people. It is not entirely clear, this is together with those held in the DPR and LPR, but in any case there are thousands of them, and the number is only increasing all the time.
Some of them are sent to Russia for investigation. So, the deputy commander of Azov was transferred to Moscow, to Lefortovo ** Svyatoslav Palomarwith the call sign “Kalina”, and the commander of the 36th Marine Brigade Sergei Volynsky – call sign “Volyn”, who surrendered to Mariupol.
Lawyer Dmitry Agranovsky believes that the law enforcement agencies of the DPR and LPR, whose employees are now working tirelessly, cannot be discounted:
The main problem is filtration measures. Not all prisoners committed crimes. Those who committed crimes will be judged. Foreign mercenaries with machine guns fall into the number of war criminals. And with ordinary military personnel they will filter, find out who is involved in what.
If involvement in some crimes is not proven, he will be kept as a prisoner of war until a certain stage, until the hostilities end, the question of the return of prisoners of war arises, as was the case after the Great Patriotic War. Then there were also many prisoners of war, probably, the bill went into the millions. And they were engaged in the restoration of the national economy, they worked. Those who were involved in the crimes were tried. Then someone went to the GDR, someone to the FRG.
“SP”: – Many of them will refer to the fact that they followed orders. What then to do, to judge those who gave criminal orders.
– Mode Zelensky criminal, in my opinion. A tribunal must be held over him. But this will happen when they fall into the hands of justice. In the meantime, deliberately criminal orders continue to be issued. The practice is very similar to the actions of the Nazis. They also understand that the territories will never return to them and arrange “scorched earth tactics” there.
“SP”: – And just as the German fascists, on the orders of Hitler during World War II, destroyed ten civilians for each of their dead, so it was not only in the USSR, but also in Greece and other occupied territories.
– The current Armed Forces of Ukraine place their guns in city blocks, equating their inhabitants with hostages. And in occupied France, the Germans took hostages and put them in jail, announcing that they would be shot if at least one German soldier suffered.
After the Russian Navy struck with Caliber missiles at the command post of Ukrainian troops near the village of Shirokaya Dacha, Dnepropetrovsk region, more than five dozen generals and officers of the Armed Forces of Ukraine found their end there. Including those who came from the General Staff. The meeting of the commanders of the group of troops “Alexandria” was unsuccessful. Here fanatics also have decided to recoup on civilians.
* Images of chevrons of the Azov Battalion, recognized as extremist by the decision of the Frunzensky District Court of Vladimir
Aidar* and Azov** are not allowed in Russia