In early August, my husband always says: “Don’t roll that much this year!” But my mom and I don’t listen. We do a lot of home preservation, but almost everything is eaten during the winter. Households especially hold sweet-salted tomatoes in their own juice.
Today we will tell you how to cook very sweet pickled tomatoes for the winter. Try this season to surprise your loved ones with really delicious tomatoes!
All cooking methods require tomato juice. Prepare it in advance. For these purposes, use a juicer, meat grinder or blender. Then bring the juice to a boil and boil for 30 minutes, skimming off the foam. Add salt and pepper to taste if necessary.
“Natural” without vinegar
In winter, these tomatoes can be used as you like. They are ideal for pilaf, meat, pasta or borscht. And if sprinkled with onions and butter, the five-minute snack is ready! The cooking will take a little fiddling, but it’s worth it.
The list of ingredients is for one 0.5 liter can. Choose medium-sized meaty cream tomatoes or any others with firm pulp.
- 400 g tomatoes
- 200 ml tomato juice
- 0.5 tsp Salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- Wash the tomatoes thoroughly under running water. Make a cruciform cut on each tomato. Pour boiling water over everything and leave for 5 minutes.
- Then drain the water and peel the tomatoes. Cut each tomato in half and remove the stalk.
- Put the peeled tomatoes in a sterilized jar. Pour boiling juice under the very neck and cover with metal lids.
- Sterilize the workpiece for 15 minutes. After sterilization, preserve the tomatoes by covering with another lid, which must first be boiled in water for 3 minutes.
- Turn the jar upside down and wrap it in a blanket. Store tomatoes in a cool place.
Spicy tomatoes with horseradish and garlic
- 1.2 kg tomatoes
- 1 liter tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tbsp. l. vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp. l. grated horseradish
- 5 cloves of garlic
- Rinse the tomatoes under running water. Each pierce with a toothpick in three places on different sides.
- Put the fruits in sterilized jars, placing horseradish and garlic cloves between them.
- Boil tomato juice and boil it for 15 minutes. Then add salt, sugar, vegetable oil. Pour the tomatoes with a boiling mixture and cover loosely with boiled lids.
- Put the blanks in an oven preheated to 100 degrees. It takes 15 minutes to sterilize. After the time has elapsed, remove and screw the hot jars. Then turn them upside down and cover them with a blanket. Tomatoes for the winter without vinegar should be stored in a cool place.