Tokan with potatoes is a very tasty and satisfying dish, the main ingredients of which are potatoes and very finely ground corn grits. It was once cooked by shepherds and is one of the dishes of Boiko cuisine.
The recipe was shared on the YouTube channel OUR BESAGI – food and recipes.
Ingredients for tokan (given approximately):
- potatoes – 2 kg
- corn grits (cornmeal) – 200-300 grams
- cracklings and onions – 1-3 pcs.
- salt to taste
Step by step cooking
- We put the potatoes on the fire so that the water covers a little. Salt.
- Fry greaves separately with onions.
- When the potatoes are cooked, do not drain the water, start pushing.
- We fall asleep corn grits and continue to push until the tokan becomes homogeneous. The consistency should be pulling.
- Put the tokan on a plate, sprinkle with cracklings.
It is served with curdled milk.