Secretary of State Anthony Blinken said that the United States has no information that the weapons that the radical Taliban movement (banned in Russia) inherited after the withdrawal of American troops fell into the hands of any other groups, TASS reports.
“I have not seen any evidence that any of the weapons that were initially provided to the Afghan security forces for 20 years and then ended up in the hands of the Taliban, <...> was transferred to some other group, ”he said.
Earlier, former US President Donald Trump called the Taliban parade with American military equipment “a sad sight”.
Last Monday, representatives of the radical Taliban held a military parade in Kabul with a demonstration of military equipment abandoned by the US military or captured from the army of the previous Afghan government.
Last week, Islamabad hosted a meeting in the “troika plus” format, the participants of which called on the Taliban (the Taliban movement is prohibited in the Russian Federation) to abandon ties with terrorists and deprive them of the opportunity to operate on the territory of Afghanistan.