In relation to the oppositionist Alexey Navalny, as well as “other persons”, a criminal case was initiated on fraud on an especially large scale (part 4 of article 159 of the Criminal Code). This was reported on the website of the Investigative Committee (IC). The political series “Navalny” continues.
The IC established that in order to achieve the goals of a number of non-profit organizations, including the Anti-Corruption Foundation *, The Fifth Season of the Year, the Mass Media Support Fund and others, more than 588 million rubles of donations were collected from individuals.
However, Navalny, notes the SK, “spent more than 356 million rubles of this amount for personal purposes – the acquisition of personal property, material values and payment of expenses (including holidays abroad).” Thus, the funds collected from citizens were stolen, the investigation concludes.
“Remember, Alexey said many times that as a result of his failed poisoning, a case would be brought against him … As they say, ChTD (which was required to be proved – ed.) “, – wrote the press secretary of Navalny Kira Yarmysh… The oppositionist himself called the case “Putin’s hysteria.”
Responding in absentia to the UK accusation, Navalny’s ally Leonid Volkov wrote that almost 200 employees work in the network of the headquarters of the politician and all of them – like all FBK employees – receive a salary from donations, from which taxes are paid.
Earlier, the Federal Penitentiary Service demanded that Navalny, convicted for a suspended sentence, appear at the criminal executive inspection on December 29, since it followed from the published report of the Berlin clinic “Charite” that he was healthy. However, Navalny did not appear, referring to the decision of the ECHR.
“SP” told about the prospects of the new criminal case of Navalny lawyer and human rights activist Dmitry Agranovsky…
– As I understand it, Navalny is charged with collecting money for his “presidential” election campaign. Although he was not and could not be any presidential candidate, since he has a criminal record and this is impossible by law. Having collected the money, he began to spend it on the current activities of FBK.
That is, he told people knowingly false information. What is this if not an abuse of trust? I’m surprised it was delayed for so long. They thought about something, hesitated. The case could have been initiated much earlier. Naturally, I do not crave anyone’s blood, but fact is fact.
By the way, he is doing something similar Love Sable, who writes in social networks that she is a candidate for the State Duma, although she is not. True, she has not yet been convicted and formally there are no obstacles to her registration. But everything can change.
“SP”: – But the journalist Tatyana Felgenhauer publicly writesthat she has no claims to Navalny for spending the funds that she regularly transferred to him …
– It could be a mitigating circumstance. But it does not in any way affect the crime and punishability of the act.
“SP”: – How do you explain the delay in initiating a criminal case on fraud, and in general the special conditions in which Navalny is serving time?
– To him an ambivalent attitude. For example, Sergey Udaltsov Is the absolute enemy. Therefore, he is thrown from prison to prison (at the moment Udaltsov is under administrative arrest in a special detention center – ed.). And Navalny is an enemy for part of our elite, but for another part he is even a friend. Therefore, everything is not easy for him.
In general, the state and law are an instrument of class interests. They serve the ruling class. And the rest is verbiage that the ruling class imposes on us. And besides there is a well-known saying about “the law, that the drawbar, where it turned, went there.” The law is very difficult, there you can find solutions for all possible cases.
“SP”: – What will happen if Navalny does not return to Russia?
– There will be a petition for his extradition. Naturally, no one will give him away. He will ask for political asylum there. And he can be condemned in absentia.
Social psychologist Alexey Roshchin believes that the image of Navalny the politician has faded a little in the eyes of Russians.
– On the one hand, Navalny has all the prerequisites for political success. On the other hand, time plays against him. If he were a novice politician, then one could say that he has everything ahead and he will gradually gain popularity among voters. But he has been on the federal stage for 15 years. And in my opinion, the peak of his popularity came in 2013 – the election of the mayor of Moscow. Then there were many expectations associated with him.
Now, it seems to me, he is in recession. He most likely will not cause enthusiasm. At the same time, over the years, he has formed a group of associates, fans who are ready to put likes. But it doesn’t grow or grows slowly. In this sense, the poisoning, cynically speaking, could have stimulated the public’s attention to Navalny. Here people love the persecuted. But the public reaction was disappointing. There were no actions, rallies, “vintilov”.
This is sad for Navalny. Well, how long can you wait? His political career can be compared to courting a girl. If there is no love at first sight, there is a hope of gaining its favor gradually. But this had to be done within a reasonable time frame: a month, six months, a year. But not ten years ?! If the girl in response does not ignite anything inside, then there are some serious reasons for this.
Although for a politician, the most objective indicator of people’s sympathy is still the election result. But he is not allowed to participate in the elections, and the street support is not so indicative.
According to political scientist Dmitry ElovskyNavalny will still spoil the nerves of the Russian authorities.
– Navalny’s story will certainly have a bearing on Russian domestic politics in the coming year. He remains an opponent of the current president No. 1 and criminal cases only confirm him in this position. The system chose pressure, believing that it was a lesser evil than leaving the opposition intact. It became clear that Navalny’s actions resonate with some part of the population, and counter-propaganda has failed to stop him. We have to use tough means so that the influence of the politician does not spread further.
Navalny’s potential political success will depend on how the situation in the country develops. First of all, economic. If people become poorer, lose income, then Navalny’s influence will already be difficult to limit. He will perfectly be able to influence Russian politics from abroad. The use of their political avatars – supporters in the elections when the situation in the country worsens will aggravate the situation. People who are ready to support them will join the number of those who do not believe in the honesty and legitimacy of elections.
We saw the consequences of this attitude in a truncated form in 2012. But in the event of a bad economic situation, it will no longer be a protest of hipsters and white collars, but deeper processes that cover the regions, the hinterland. Moreover, these sentiments can spill over into non-political forms: latent crime, violence
* The Ministry of Justice added the Anti-Corruption Foundation, established by Alexei Navalny, to the list of foreign agents.