A simple cottage cheese baking recipe turns out to be even tastier than homemade tea cookies.
- eggs – 3 pcs.
- sugar – 100 g.
- vanilla sugar – 1 tsp
- salt – a small pinch
- cottage cheese – 360 g.
- soda – 0.5 tsp.
- flour – 300 g.
- vegetable oil for frying
All donut ingredients should be at room temperature!
- Break 3 eggs into a bowl, add 100 grams of sugar, a teaspoon of vanilla sugar and a small pinch of salt, literally on the tip of a knife. And beat everything, using a mixer, until the egg mass increases in volume and whitens.
- Add cottage cheese.
- And beat eggs with cottage cheese well, until smooth. Add baking soda and beat again with a mixer so that the baking soda is evenly distributed.
- Add flour in several steps and knead the dough.
- We grease the plate and hands with vegetable oil, pinch off small pieces from the dough, about the size of a walnut, and form balls.
- Pour more vegetable oil into a deep saucepan and heat well. The amount of oil will depend on the diameter of the pot: the smaller the diameter, the less oil you will need. Donuts should float freely in the oil.
Advice… The optimum temperature must be found for the oil. If you have chosen the right temperature for deep-frying, then the donuts, as soon as you immerse them in hot oil, will begin to brown slightly on the outside, but not too intensely, but inside they will have time to bake well and will not be sticky. If the oil is not hot enough, the donuts will absorb a lot of fat. And if the oil is too hot, then the donuts will begin to brown too intensely, burn and the dough will not have time to bake inside, it will be dull. And you can check the temperature by throwing a piece of dough into the butter and watch how quickly it turns red. Also, you can always adjust the temperature of the oil during the frying process. Also take good care of yourself and be careful, remember that the oil is very hot!
Deep-fry the donuts until cooked, about 5 minutes, the time depends on the temperature of the oil and the material from which the pan is made.
The donuts are ready, carefully, using a slotted spoon, remove them from the oil and put them on paper towels to remove excess oil.
Advice… It is advisable to punch the cottage cheese with a blender or rub through a sieve, then the donuts will turn out smooth and even, because there will be no grains of cottage cheese in the dough, but this is at your discretion.