Ukraine will “return” Crimea and Donbass by 2030. The deputies of the Ukrainian party “Servant of the People” shared such masters. During the meeting in the western Ukrainian resort of Truskavets, a plan for the country’s transformation, presented by the President, should be presented Vladimir Zelensky during a recent visit to the United States.
Deputy Chairman of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine Committee on National Security, Defense and Intelligence Maryana Bezuglaya posted a photo of a slide showing a girl with the flag of Ukraine. The slide is signed: “What is our common goal? In 2030, Ukraine restored its sovereign borders and became a developed economy. “
I wonder if all these strategies have real content or are they just big names – a beautifully designed, thick, but empty folder? It is clear that there is simply nothing to fill there – realistic options for the “return” of Crimea simply do not exist. By the way, building a developed economy in the current conditions in Ukraine looks just as utopian. But does anyone believe this? Or is it just the duty mantras, without which there is no way?
In this sense, the chosen date is indicative – the year 2030. Obviously, by that time no one would even remember the existence of the “Servants of the People”. Yes, and Zelensky himself with the current rating will hardly be able to be re-elected in 2024 …
– The Kiev regime must somehow distract the impoverished “little Ukrainian” with the ultra-patriotic chatter, as it once called its fellow citizens Viktor Yushchenko, from economic failures, rampant corruption, rising prices for essential goods, high heating tariffs, which have jumped by forty percent since October 1, – explains Crimean journalist Sergei Kulik… – People are already tired of such promises and, by the way, in the comments under this post by Maryana Bezugla about the “Program-2030” they openly ridiculed such “projects” of “Servants of the People”: they say, “They dismantle programs, but when are you going to work?”
Let’s remember how many times the representatives of the Ukrainian authorities promised that just about – and the Crimea will again become Ukrainian. In October 2014, presenting his “Strategy 2020” in Lviv, the then president spoke about this Petro Poroshenko… At the same time, the “Maidan of Foreign Affairs” foundation even presented to the public the “Strategy for the return of the Crimea”, the only purpose of the development of which, perhaps, was an elementary cut of grants. In January 2016, Poroshenko again promised to return the peninsula and Donbass within a year. Did not work out. He repeated these promises with enviable constancy until the voters showed him the door. Now Zelensky’s team has taken up the baton of such obligations.
“SP”: – Why is the year 2030 defined? Obviously, by this time no one will remember these promises, and it is not clear where the people who give them will be …
– This is how the calculation is made. Unfortunately, many voters have the memory of an aquarium fish. People sometimes do not remember what they were promised even six months ago, and until 2030 another nine years. In the Ukrainian government, then it will clearly not be either torn apart by internal contradictions and scandals, the motley party “Servant of the People”, nor Volodymyr Zelensky himself. Even if in 2024 he is miraculously reelected for a second five-year term, by 2030 he will have already left his office on Bankova Street. It turns out that there will be no one to ask for the fulfillment of the promises made these days at the meeting of the Servant of the People faction in the Carpathian Truskavets.
“SP”: – In addition, the goal is indicated for Ukraine “to become a developed economy.” Does anyone believe in this? Moreover, over the last 9 years at the current level of decline? This sounds no more realistic than the “return” of Crimea.
– In the late eighties – early nineties, nationalists in their leaflets, campaigning for independence, based on statistical data, put the Ukrainian SSR on a par with France and Germany in terms of economic development. Indeed, at that time Ukraine was a strong industrial and agrarian republic. But the “prosperity, spirituality, statehood” promised by the nationalists turned into degradation, deindustrialization and depopulation of the country.
At the end of 2018, none other than President Petro Poroshenko was forced to admit through clenched teeth that Ukraine had become the poorest country in Europe. The question is, how, after thirty years of degradation, this state in just nine years will be able to turn into a power with a developed economy? On the contrary, the fall of Ukraine will only continue.
“SP”: – By the way, about the 30th year. Do “servants” really expect to stay in power for so long? Is at least a second term of Zelensky possible with the current rating?
– Every ruling political force in Ukraine has always dreamed that it will rule happily ever after. However, dreaming is not harmful. At Kuchma there was a pro-government parliamentary bloc “For a United Ukraine”, which evil tongues called the “For food” bloc. After the Orange Revolution, the Eduny immediately collapsed, many of them instantly swore allegiance to Viktor Yushchenko. Some then, on the pages of the parliamentary newspaper “The Voice of Ukraine”, even publicly repented that they were deeply mistaken, supporting Yanukovych, and that, they say, they finally understood on whose side the truth is.
“For food” on the imperious Olympus was replaced by Yushchenko’s “People’s Union” Our Ukraine “. Well, who remembers this game now? It collapsed immediately after Yushchenko’s defeat in the presidential election. In 2012, the Ukrainian press wrote a lot about how supporters of the former president were looking for Yushchenko, who was hiding from fellow party members with a pre-election cash register.
The Party of Regions also dreamed of ruling for a long time, but in 2014 it also disappeared into oblivion. Therefore, it is doubtful that the Servant of the People party, which recruited from the pine forest to its electoral list of deputies controlled by half a dozen conflicting groups and clans, will turn out to be stronger and more monolithic than its predecessors.
What to say if they are now trying to expel the first number of the party’s electoral list in the 2019 elections and its former chairman from the post of Speaker of the Verkhovna Rada Dmitry Razumkov, who, by and large, is credited with the fact that Zelensky became president.
As for Zelensky himself and his hypothetical re-election, his statements on this matter are extremely contradictory. Initially, he assured that one term was enough for him. But already in May 2020, at a press conference timed to coincide with the anniversary of the inauguration, Zelensky for the first time allowed the possibility of running for a second presidential term, since, they say, he will not have enough five years to fulfill his promises. However, a month ago, answering a question about plans to run again, he answered rather evasively: “It will be decided by the people of Ukraine. I’m running nowhere, I’ll better fulfill everything that I promised in my one term and go to rest ”. Understand as you know.
However, to all appearances, the President’s Office is still seriously considering the topic of a second term. This can be seen with the naked eye. Otherwise, such a zealous sweep of the information field from opposition publications and TV channels KRT (Kievskaya Rus), 112 Ukraine, ZIK, NewsOne, First Independent, and arrests of opposition politicians would not have been carried out. Moreover, sanctions against TV channels and politicians are not imposed by the decision of any court, but by the National Security and Defense Council of Ukraine, which Zelensky uses as a brush against his opponents.
What is happening in Ukraine now ?! In fact, there is a creeping coup d’etat. Zelensky actually usurped, monopolized power in the country, almost completely crushing both the legislative and judicial powers, paralyzing the work of the Constitutional Court. After all, what is the form of government in Ukraine according to the Constitution? Parliamentary-presidential. And now, in fact, it is super-presidential.
There is no such concentration of power in one hand in any European country. And it is clear that all this is being done in order to secure a second presidency for himself, his beloved. But whether it will work out is a big question.
“SP”: – In your opinion, in 2030, Ukraine will still promise to “return” Crimea and make an advanced economy? Nothing will change? When will Ukraine start to face the truth? After all, the sooner they start, the faster the recovery will begin …
– Will Ukraine even exist by 2030? And within what limits? Just a few hours ago, the ex-deputy of the Verkhovna Rada Evgeny Muraev on the air of the Ukraine 24 TV channel, he predicted a global confrontation, disintegration and division between neighboring states for the country.
The MP from the Opposition Platform – For Life party is pessimistic about the future of his country Ilya Kiva, who predicts in his Telegram channel that the supply of Russian gas to Hungary bypassing Ukraine will lead to the destruction of the country.
A year and a half ago, the current Tbilisi prisoner spoke publicly about the possible disintegration of Ukraine into five parts. Mikhail Saakashvili… And such statements from the lips of Ukrainian politicians are not unique. The future of this degrading country is very uncertain. Obviously, no one is going to restore or develop it, especially the current Zelensky regime, despite the cheerful statements of Vladimir Alexandrovich that in three years the Ukrainian module will go to the moon. This is something with the finally destroyed aviation and rocket-space industry !!!
As he once admitted in his hearts Mikhail Hrushevsky, in 1917 – 1918, who served as chairman of the Central Rada of the UPR, “the trouble with Ukraine is that it is ruled by those who do not need it.”
– This is both a duty mantra and a plan on paper, – I’m sure political scientist, chairman of the Crimean regional public organization “Center for Political Education” Ivan Mezyukho… – Why do I not doubt the existence of at least some kind of plan to recapture Crimea from Russia? Because money is allocated for such documents. That is, everyone initially understands that the plan is a failure and that Crimea is in Russia forever, but the money that the West gets for Russophobic projects is being used. The anti-Russian projects of Ukraine are just a storehouse of corruption and swindle!
“SP”: – The topic of the “return” of Crimea is still on the agenda of Ukrainian society. Does anyone else believe in this? When will the distribution of such promises start to alienate voters?
“In my opinion, the topic of Crimea is no longer on the agenda of Ukrainian society, and even the so-called“ Crimean Platform ”has not changed this. An increasing number of Ukrainians, even those who call themselves a Banderite, are no longer interested in the Crimean theme. It seems to me that in general, Crimea in the information space of Ukraine has a minimal effect on the preferences of voters.
“SP”: – What about “building a developed economy”? Under the current conditions, it sounds as fantastic as the “return of Crimea”. Does this still work too? Are they being carried on?
– Of course not. For seven years they have been building something and will not build … In fact, they have been stealing for seven years, and there is something to steal! Still! Zelensky also likes to talk about the digitalization of Ukraine. Empty words in his mouth. There are no qualitative changes for the better in the economy of the neighboring country.
“SP”: – Do these dreamers call the year 2030 for a reason? In the sense that no one will remember these promises by that time? In 2030, will Ukraine still “wait for the weather by the sea” – the “return” of Crimea and its transformation into an advanced economy?
– You took this date too seriously. It was taken from the ceiling. The main thing here is that by this time there will be another government in Ukraine, and the current one, as they say, will wash its hands.
“SP”: – Will the “servants” remain by this time? Maybe there won’t be a party like that, and everyone will happily forget about Zelensky? Does he have a chance to stay in power for these 9 years?
– In fact, he network has a chance to be re-elected for a second presidential term. However, now he is making too many mistakes that cost him the creation of electoral competitors. By his rash actions, he himself molds the same speaker of the Verkhovna Rada, Dmitry Razumkov, into a potential president. Likewise, the presidential mace can be lost.
“SP”: – Maybe for a party that really looks to the future, it is better to abandon utopian promises, such as the “return” of Crimea? Maybe voters will more trust those politicians who will urge to face the truth?
– And who said that Servant of the People really looks into the future? Inside the ruling party, they understand that there will be no more mono-majority. There is a risk that the “Servant of the People” may disappear altogether. All the authorities in Ukraine behave like temporary workers.