Joseph Borrell. Photo: Juan Manuel Serrano Arce / Keystone Press Agency / www.globallookpress.com
European diplomat declared inadmissibility of further provocations
The situation on the administrative line with Kosovo and Metohija has escalated, said Josep Borrell, High Representative of the European Union for Foreign Affairs and Security Policy. He demanded that Belgrade and Pristina immediately de-escalate and withdraw the special forces. Earlier NATO made a similar appeal.
Today it became known that the secretary general of the alliance Jens Stoltenberg spoke by phone with the Serbian leader Aleksandar Vucic, as well as the Prime Minister of Kosovo, Albin Kurti. They discussed the tense situation that had developed between the Serbs and the Kosovo authorities. On his Twitter page, Stoltenberg later said that it was extremely important for both sides to establish a dialogue.
I spoke with @avucic from #Serbia and @albinkurti from #Kosovo about the need for de-escalation in northern Kosovo. It is vital for both Belgrade and Pristina to show restraint and return to dialogue. @Nato_KFOR’s mandate remains to provide a safe and secure environment and freedom of movement for all.
– Jens Stoltenberg (@jensstoltenberg) September 26, 2021
Vucic, in a conversation with the NATO Secretary General, said that the seventh day of the occupation of the north of Kosovo and Metohija by the special forces of Pristina had already begun, while the international community was silent. The words of the Serbian head are quoted by the telegram channel “First of all. Well, almost.”
Earlier, the Russian Foreign Ministry accused the Kosovo police of trying to oust the Serbs from the territory and called these actions a provocation.
Subscribe to us