An Easter service is taking place in Mariupol – special correspondent Readovka visited the church where people celebrate Easter.
Despite the explosions heard from the territory of the Azovstal plant, a large number of local residents gathered in the church. Also, people from the DPR and Russia came to the city to please the people of Mariupol with Easter cakes – we were no exception.
Civilians in Mariupol are waiting for the nationalists blocked at Azovstal to surrender, the explosions to end and the city to return to normal life.
* * *
Russian troops crossed the border between Kharkov and Donetsk regions, writes Kotsnews.
Meanwhile, an undeservedly neglected group with the tactical designation “O” occupies the first settlements in the northern part of the DPR occupied by Ukraine.
The troops of the Central Military District took control of the city of Lozovoe in the former Donetsk region and continue to fight, moving towards Liman and Yampol.
* * *
Briefing by the official representative of the RF Ministry of Defense Igor Konashenkov as of the progress of the special operation in Ukraine April 23, day:
The Armed Forces of the Russian Federation continue a special military operation in Ukraine.
– High-precision ground-based missiles in the PAVLOGRAD area destroyed the shops of an enterprise for the production of explosives and gunpowder for the Ukrainian armed forces.
– High-precision air-based missiles of the Russian Aerospace Forces hit nine military facilities in Ukraine.
Including one command post of the Armed Forces brigade, four strongholds and places of concentration of manpower and military equipment, as well as four warehouses of missile and artillery weapons in the areas of BARVENKOVO, NOVAYA DMITROVKA and IVANOVKA of the Kharkiv region.
– Operational-tactical and army aviation of the Russian Aerospace Forces hit 26 military facilities of Ukraine. Among them, the command and observation post of the battalion was destroyed, as well as 25 areas of concentration of manpower and Ukrainian military equipment. Up to 150 nationalists and up to 40 armored vehicles and vehicles were destroyed.
– Rocket troops and artillery completed 423 fire missions at night. As a result of the blows, the following were struck:
• 26 control points,
• 367 strongholds and areas of accumulation of manpower and military equipment,
• 25 positions of artillery batteries,
• 4 depots of rocket and artillery weapons and ammunition were destroyed in the areas of GUSAROVKA and VELIKAYA KAMYSHEVAKHA.
– Russian air defense systems in the areas of the settlements of BARVINOK, VASILYEVKA, KRASNHOROVKA, KREMENNAYA, NOVY PERVOMAISK, POLTAVKA, TOMARINO, FEDOROVKA, YASINOVATOE destroyed 10 Ukrainian unmanned aerial vehicles.
– In total, since the beginning of the special military operation, the following have been destroyed:
• 141 aircraft,
• 110 helicopters,
• 551 unmanned aerial vehicles,
• 264 anti-aircraft missile systems,
• 2496 tanks and other armored fighting vehicles,
• 282 installations of multiple launch rocket systems,
• 1093 field artillery and mortar guns,
• 2343 units of special military vehicles.
* * *
The activity of aircraft of the military transport aviation of the British Air Force in the transfer of military cargo intended for Ukraine for the period from February 14 to April 20, 2022.
* * *
German journalist Thomas Röper on the situation in Ukraine:
– The first trip was, among other things, to Melitopol. And so, on this trip, I was most impressed by the fear that you see there in the eyes of people. And not among those who do not agree with the military operation, and this, according to my estimates, is a minority. It is they who swear and tell the camera how disagreeable they are. And those who agree are the majority. I see it in the squares, when there are hundreds of people, they walk past the soldiers and say in a whisper: “Thank you guys, don’t leave.” They are very afraid that the Russians will leave, and there will be reprisals. What, in my understanding, happened in Bucha, by the way.
… I write in German, and I read an article the other day in the German magazine Spiegel… And there was a very surprising offer. People in Zaporozhye, who came from Mariupol, told the publication that their national battalions were escorted to the basement and took up positions in apartments above these basements. It sounds in the Western media as if they are defending them. Excuse me, what is it if the fighters take up their combat positions above the basements where civilians are sitting, and how voluntarily did they go to this basement?
* * *
More than 160 tons of humanitarian aid from Russia were delivered to the residents of the Kharkiv region.
Russian servicemen brought humanitarian aid to the needy in Kupyansk and Izyum. Sugar, eggs, water, canned food and other essential goods were distributed to local residents. In addition to food, Easter cakes, consecrated in the Belgorod region, were brought to the Kharkiv region for Easter.
* * *
Austria is against Ukraine’s membership in the European Union. Austrian Foreign Minister Alexander Schallenberg believes that Kyiv and Brussels should find a way to build relations that does not imply Ukraine’s full membership in the EU. “In addition to full membership, an association agreement and accession to the European Economic Area, it is necessary to develop a new model of cooperation”Schallenberg said. According to him, more flexibility is needed, in addition to full membership, the CES or an association agreement. At the same time, the minister is convinced that further deepening is necessary: However, the fact that further deepening is necessary is indisputable: “We are exporting our Western model of life.”
* * *
Mariupol. Despite the difficult time, the residents of the city come to church on this holy holiday for all Christians – Happy Easter!
Having survived this hell of war, they thank God for being alive and ask him for peace. Reporting Rudenko V
If you notice a mistake in the text, highlight it and press Ctrl+Enter to send the information to the editor.