From the report of the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation on the progress of the special military operation on the territory of Ukraine, the situation on August 20:
– In the area of the settlement of ANDREEVKA, Kharkov region, as a result of a strike by high-precision weapons of the Russian Aerospace Forces on the combat positions of the nationalist formation “Kraken” and a unit of foreign mercenaries, more than 100 militants were destroyed, including up to 20 American mercenaries.
– The strikes of the operational-tactical aviation of the Russian Aerospace Forces in the area of VELIKOMIKHAILOVKA, Dnipropetrovsk region, almost completely destroyed the battalion of the 110th brigade of the territorial defense of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, the loss of which amounted to at least 200 nationalists killed and more than 150 wounded.
– As a result of fire strikes on the combat positions of the tank battalion of the 28th mechanized brigade in the KYSELYOVKA area of the Mykolaiv region, as well as the 212th rifle battalion of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in the APOSTOLOV area of the Dnepropetrovsk region, the total irretrievable losses of the enemy amounted to more than 200 people.
– A ground-based high-precision weapon strike at the area of concentration of personnel and military equipment of the 27th battalion of the 127th territorial defense brigade of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in the north of KHARKOV destroyed up to 130 militants and eight units of special vehicles.
– In the areas of ZVANOVKA and PARASKOVIEVKA of the Donetsk People’s Republic, more than 200 personnel, two tanks and seven special vehicles were destroyed by high-precision air-launched missiles in the 3rd and 12th battalions of the 25th airborne brigade of the Armed Forces of Ukraine.
– During the day, seven command posts of the Armed Forces of Ukraine were hit, including the 53rd mechanized brigade in the WATER region, the 58th motorized infantry brigade in the SOLEDAR region of the Donetsk People’s Republic, as well as manpower and military equipment in 187 regions. Destroyed: a self-propelled launcher of the Buk-M1 anti-aircraft missile system in the SHEVCHENKO area, four ammunition depots in the areas of the settlements of HALYTSINOVKA, KONSTANTYNOVKA, SHABELKOVKA of the Donetsk People’s Republic and BELAYA KRYNYTSA of the Kherson region, three fuel depots in the area of SLOBOZHANSKAYA, Kharkiv region, KONSTANTYNOVKA and GALITSYNOVKA Donetsk People’s Republic, as well as the US-made ANTPQ-36 counter-battery radar in the KRAMATORSK area.
– Russian air defense systems destroyed six Ukrainian unmanned aerial vehicles in the areas of the settlements of VRUBOVKA, Luhansk People’s Republic, NOVOMIKHAILOVKA, STAROMLYNOVKA, Donetsk People’s Republic, BOGORODITSKOE, Mykolaiv Region, Novozlatopol, Zaporozhye Region, and FYODOROVKA, Kharkiv Region. In addition, 13 shells of the Alder multiple launch rocket system were shot down in the air in the area of the Kakhovskaya hydroelectric power station in the Kherson region and the city of MELITOPOL, Zaporozhye region.
* * *
S. Shoigu, Minister of Defense of the Russian Federation:
“Special talk about neo-Nazism in Ukraine. Officially, Kyiv openly declared itself the heir and continuer of the bloody deeds of Ukrainian nationalists. The Verkhovna Rada proclaimed the OUN UPA * fighters for national independence.
* * *
Heroic soldiers of the 10th Artillery Brigade from the front say hello to their relatives, the Telegram channel writes Long Z.
Strong, self-confident men, of course, think about their home and loved ones first of all.
Sorry guys for not posting the video earlier. I really want my loved ones to see it.
* * *
On the problems of restoring Severodonetsk, Lisichansk and Rubizhne from Telegram channel Rybar:
In July, the battles for the Severodonetsk-Lysichansk-Rubezhnoye agglomeration ended: as the front shifted to the southwest, the recovery process began in the settlements. Before the outbreak of hostilities, about 250 thousand people lived in the agglomeration. Now the total population barely exceeds a modest 20 thousand people.
– July 13, Severodonetsk and Lysichansk were visited by the Deputy Head of the Presidential Administration of the Russian Federation Sergey Kiriyenko. He promised that in the near future the agglomeration would be assigned “bosses” – Russian regions, who would help to improve life. But it is still unknown who exactly will oversee these cities.
– In the cities there is not enough of everything – first of all, medicines. In terms of products, the situation is more or less tolerable, except for the settlements adjacent to the agglomeration: Privolya, Shepilovo, Novodruzhesk and others. In some villages, speculators have proliferated, profiting from the needs of refugees and migrants.
– In the cities there is no gas, electricity, water, communications. To recharge their phones, people go to the military. There are few water distribution points, people have to stand in lines. Mobile washing points are organized, but they are not enough.
– Demining of settlements is being carried out too slowly. Because of this, it is not possible to start the normal process of restoring housing and infrastructure.
“Restoration of houses and infrastructure is going too slowly. Construction materials are not systematically delivered to the cities. Although soon the cold will begin, and people will face the need to somehow survive.
– In Rubizhne, local residents complain about looting. There are practically no law enforcement agencies in the city, so thieves take out anything. In the conditions of the completed hostilities, this problem requires the most severe solutions.
– So far, schools have been restored only in Severodonetsk. Although the school year is less than a month away.
– Now many residents of these cities have the feeling that although Russia freed them, they immediately left and abandoned them. Less than a month is left before the beginning of autumn, then the rains will come, followed by frosts.
It will be impossible to survive in the destroyed agglomeration.
* * *
Today, at about one in the morning, Zelensky’s terrorists launched a missile attack on the sleeping peaceful Melitopol, the Telegram channel writes. Vladimir Rogov (member of the Main Council of the Civil-Military Administration of the Zaporozhye region).
According to preliminary information, the militants of the Armed Forces of Ukraine used multiple launch rocket systems and Tochka-U ballistic missiles to attack the city.
Russian air defense systems shot down two missiles fired by militants of the Armed Forces of Ukraine at civilian infrastructure facilities and residential areas of the city.
As a result of the shelling, several houses of civilians on Sovetskaya and Herzen streets were partially destroyed and damaged. One person received a slight leg injury, he was examined by doctors, and does not need hospitalization.
The State Administration of the Zaporozhye region and the movement “We are together with Russia” will provide all possible assistance to the Melitopol residents who suffered as a result of the attack of the Nazi forces in Ukraine.
The shelling of a sleeping city from heavy weapons, moreover, a residential area where there are no military facilities and targets, is another confirmation of the terrorism of the Zelensky regime against the civilian population.
* * *
Andriy Ivakin, a former serviceman of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, believes that Zelensky should be “scratched off the presidency”, and the servicemen of the Armed Forces of Ukraine should “lay down their arms and go home.” Andrei himself did not take part in the hostilities, he voluntarily came for an inspection to the state security bodies of the LPR.
* * *
There was bad news that the Armed Forces of Ukraine began to remotely mine the border areas of Russia with the Petal anti-personnel mines. I will try to answer why this happened only now, and not simultaneously with Donetsk, which has been suffering from this scourge for a long time, the Telegram channel writes. Unofficial Bezsonov.
Ukraine is a terrorist state. The purpose of terrorism has always been to intimidate the local population and sow panic. They do not care how many children and adults will die or be maimed; for them, the effect of fear is important.
Donetsk was the first act. They defiantly killed and maimed Donetsk residents with “Petals”. So that through the media everyone can be convinced of the danger that these mines carry for the local population. Now it’s time for the second act – other, peaceful territories. After the horrors in Donetsk, now only the fact of mining other territories is enough to cause panic and horror among the local population.
These are common terrorist methods. Interestingly, did the Western partners think that sponsoring and helping terrorists would be punished sooner or later? No, I’m lying – I’m not interested. Don’t care about these hypocrites.
* * *
The supply of American HARM anti-radar missiles to Ukrainians opened the way for aviation weapons, and here it is interesting to assess the prospects for how and how the United States can still support the “independent” Air Force. We do not take direct deliveries of aircraft into account: if it is planned, then it is clearly in a more distant future – such deliveries must be large-scale for the desired effect, at least dozens of aircraft, which requires preparation, firstly, and is fraught with escalation to an unacceptable level, in -second.
Most likely, these may be satellite-guided JDAM-type bombs. Their use does not require serious intervention in the avionics of the aircraft, the main scope of work will be to adapt the hardpoints for attaching Western ammunition. Everything a bomb needs to hit its target is either on the bomb itself or on a GPS satellite in orbit.
Taking into account the density of our air defense and the presence of fighters in the air, the appearance of JDAM among Ukrainians, which allow attacking targets from 30, and in the JDAM-ER 1 version from almost 100 km, will greatly facilitate the actions of Ukrainian aircraft that have survived and what they managed to get from -abroad from former users of the MiG-29. Moreover, if the HARM missiles mentioned above have already been transferred to Ukraine, this means that the United States has no psychological obstacles to transferring guided bombs to Kyiv, writes the Telegram channel. Older than Edda (Specially for RT).
* * *
Russian servicemen performing combat missions in the Zaporozhye region were poisoned with a chemical, the Russian Defense Ministry said.
On July 31, our servicemen, after completing tasks in the area of the village of Vasilyevka, Zaporozhye region, were taken to the hospital with signs of severe poisoning. The examination revealed traces of the poisonous substance Botulinum toxin type B.
The event was qualified by the Ministry of Defense of the Russian Federation as chemical terrorism by the Kyiv regime, and in the near future, hard documented evidence of this will be officially sent to the OPCW through the permanent mission of Russia.
* * *
International Agency S&P Global Ratings predicted the fall of the Ukrainian economy in 2022 by 40% due to a significant decrease in exports and investment. Consumption has also decreased – millions of people have fled abroad, millions have remained in the territories controlled by the Russian Federation (and continue to return there), it is not known how many were “grave”, but almost all of them are former able-bodied people.
“Because of the war, about 1/5 of the production capacity of Ukraine and most of its seaports ended up in areas occupied or blocked by Russia. And the prospects are completely unclear, – said in the forecast of the agency.
“There is a great deal of uncertainty as to how the conflict might develop, but we currently see limited prospects for a resolution. Given the significant damage to physical and human capital, Ukraine’s medium-term growth prospects are uncertain and depend on the restoration of some level of territorial integrity and access to the Black Sea, along with significant recovery efforts,” – concludes S&P.
Translated into a very understandable language, the future of Ukrainka is vague. And it’s already medium term. Lost territories, people, ports, industry. And the process goes…
* * *
Elena Zemenkova, a deputy of the Noyabrsk City Council, volunteered for the Donbass and serves in the DPR army as a company paramedic. She comes from Ukraine, but, like many residents of her hometown, she could not stay away. She applies her huge, 30-year experience in emergency medicine, working on the front line and helping fighters and ordinary people, the Telegram channel writes. RTlleria.
Dmitry Astrakhan @astrahandm talked with this courageous woman and learned about the reasons that prompted her to join the army, and about the future of Ukraine.
Header photo: Telegram channel Afanasiev Z
If you notice a mistake in the text, highlight it and press Ctrl+Enter to send the information to the editor.