Briefing by the official representative of the RF Ministry of Defense Igor Konashenkov on the progress of the special operation in Ukraine as of the evening of May 6:
The Armed Forces of the Russian Federation continue a special military operation in Ukraine.
– High-precision air-based missiles of the Russian Aerospace Forces hit 31 areas of concentration of manpower and military equipment of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, as well as an ammunition depot in the POPASNAYA area.
– Operational-tactical and army aviation of the Russian Aerospace Forces hit 27 military facilities of Ukraine.
Among them: three ammunition depots in the areas of KUZMINOVKA, ZVANOVKA and SEVERSK of the Donetsk People’s Republic, as well as seven company strongholds and 16 areas of concentration of manpower and military equipment.
As a result of the strikes, up to 310 personnel, 27 weapons and military equipment, as well as the Ukrainian Osa-AKM anti-aircraft missile system near the SEVERSK settlement were destroyed.
– During the day, missile forces and artillery hit 22 command posts, 207 strongholds, areas of concentration of manpower and military equipment, as well as three ammunition depots.
– Russian air defense systems shot down a Su-27 aircraft of the Ukrainian Air Force near the village of PLATONOVKA, Luhansk People’s Republic.
In addition, seven Ukrainian unmanned aerial vehicles were destroyed over the settlements of LIPTSY of the Kharkiv region, SWEET, ZEMLYANKA of the Donetsk People’s Republic, TRETYAKOVKA, VARVAROVKA of the Lugansk People’s Republic and in the vicinity of ZMEINYI Island.
Also, in the area of the city of IZYUM, two rockets of the Smerch multiple launch rocket system were intercepted.
* * *
The family of unbending fortitude lives in Mariupol. Grandma and grandpa, mom and dad, and 8 kids! The youngest of them is only a month old. Little Vladimir was born under the roar of falling shells, says the Telegram channel .
The family is experiencing food difficulties. They mainly eat humanitarian food, there is not enough children’s supplies, but Mariupol residents do not lose heart. Children help with housework, carry water, firewood. One of the boys plays the button accordion and sings “Katyusha”, his relatives sing along with him. It is impossible to defeat such people.
* * *
From an interview with an American agency Associated Press President of Belarus Alexandra Lukashenko:
“It seems to me that if Poland and other countries continue to behave like this, then we, Belarus, Russia and Ukraine, will fight against you together. Because already in Poland, individual figures are sharpening checkers and sabers and see Western Ukraine as part of Poland. That is, the dismemberment of Ukraine is already in my head.
Even the current leadership of Ukraine cannot afford this. The Ukrainians themselves will not be able to resist the so-called current allies. Therefore, I do not rule out that we, the three Slavic peoples, including Ukrainians, will have to defend the integrity of Ukraine.
For me, the destruction of Ukraine and the loss of Ukraine’s integrity and independence are unacceptable. And I will do everything to keep Ukraine within its borders. Zelensky sees this too. Such a crazy idea that we will together confront the Poles there or someone else. And who are the Poles? It’s the Americans.”
* * *
Appeal of the 3rd company of the 1st Vinnitsa rifle battalion of military unit 7085 (“all that is left of it at this time”). They left the encirclement on May 3.
On April 26, they were brought “to the sector”, as they said, to the “three-one” defense line.
– But it turned out to be one – zero against Grads, mortars, aviation, armored personnel carriers, tanks. And we have two grenades, not even two for everyone …
Defective bursting armor.
Delivered without saying where and why.
There were 110 people, and this is all that was left along with the remnants of another unit …
They abandoned us… They threw us… That’s the kind of officers we have… That’s the kind of army we have…
There are more and more requests like this every day. As a result, what always happens will happen – Kyiv will ban them. Since the Ukrainian servicemen should only be informed about the peremoga or die in silence.
* * *
Another Ukrainian soldier who was taken prisoner talks about a terrible expectation and a reality that completely does not correspond to this expectation.
– There was a fear of captivity, of course. They said that they tortured, and mocked, and everything else …
But in fact, he was surprised by the attitude:
– Before that, we had not drunk water for three days, but they gave us a drink – those who took us prisoner … Clean soft beds, three meals a day, cigarettes are provided.
And against this background – the statements of Nazi scumbags that they do not intend to take the Russian military prisoners.
* * *
Counteroffensive of the Armed Forces of Ukraine in the north of Kharkov: the situation as of 19.00 on May 6, 2022 – from the Telegram channel .
– After the withdrawal of units of the RF Armed Forces from Stary Saltov, the withdrawal of troops from the north-eastern outskirts of Kharkov was, alas, a matter of time. After the DRG of the Armed Forces of Ukraine blew up the bridge across the Mur River between Russian Tishki and Cherkasy Tishki, the threat of encirclement became obvious.
– In order to prevent the RF Armed Forces from being locked in the cauldron, the command made a decision to withdraw Russian units from Tsirkuny, Cherkasy Tishki and Liptsy.
– The forward detachments of the Armed Forces of Ukraine entered Liptsy this morning. At that time, the RF Armed Forces were no longer in the village: the units retreated to the north. In fact, now the RF Armed Forces control a 7-8-kilometer buffer zone north of Kharkov.
“There is a cleanup going on in Tsirkuny. Ukrainian units open basements, check the phones of local residents, looking for agents and informants of Russian troops.
* * *
From the statement of the Interdepartmental Coordination Headquarters of the Russian Federation for Humanitarian Response:
– It has been reliably established that, at the direction of curators from the United States and Great Britain, units of the Armed Forces of Ukraine and nationalist battalions at large enterprises, including the chemical industry, are equipping powerful fortified areas.
– So, on the territory of the Azot enterprise in Severodonetsk, Luhansk People’s Republic, the militants placed heavy weapons, and as a “human shield” in underground structures they are holding more than a thousand workers of the plant and local residents.
At the same time, the nationalists systematically fire at the settlements of Pervomaisk, Stakhanov and Kalinovo from the MLRS, thereby provoking the RF Armed Forces to retaliate, with the aim of further accusing the Russian military of killing civilians and causing a man-made disaster in the republic.
– Also, neo-Nazis mined containers with chemically hazardous substances (ammonia, ammonium nitrate, nitric acid) for their immediate detonation in case of forced abandonment of their positions.
– The implementation of this cynical crime will lead to chemical contamination of the air, terrain and water sources. At the same time, a particular danger is the possibility of strong poisonous substances getting into the Seversky Donets River, which is the main water artery and source of drinking water for Eastern Ukraine and the Donbass republics.
– The commission of similar inhuman provocations by militants of nationalist battalions, in accordance with the testimony of captured military personnel of the Armed Forces of Ukraine, is also planned at other facilities within the boundaries of the so-called “triangle of the chemical industry” (Severodonetsk, Lisichansk and Rubizhne; total area – 338 sq. km, population – about 300 thousand people), where more than 30 enterprises of the chemical industry are concentrated.
– In addition, according to the available reliable operational information, in the settlements of Vysokopolye, Ivanovka, Knyazevka and Topolinoye of the Kherson region, as well as in Apostolovo of the Dnipropetrovsk region until 24:00 on May 6, 2022, the security service of Ukraine is planning provocations with the use of chemical weapons for further prosecution Armed Forces of Russia. To obtain maximum resonance, the population was not notified.
We warn the “civilized West” in advance, as well as the United Nations, the International Committee of the Red Cross, the Organization for the Prohibition of Chemical Weapons, that these and other similar provocations about the alleged “atrocities of the Russians” in the near future, the Ukrainian authorities plan to widely disseminate through the Western media and on various Internet resources.
– Today, in the Kharkiv region in the village of Tsirkuny, nationalists, under the threat of physical violence, gathered local residents and transported them to the southern outskirts of the village of Borshcheva, where the militants, hiding behind people like a “human shield”, advanced to the line of contact in the direction of Russian troops, provoking them to open fire on civilians.
As a result of targeted fire impact, the Ukrainian nationalists were defeated: part of the personnel was destroyed, the rest fled. At the same time, civilians were not injured.
Such actions of militants completely copy the tactics of the Nazis during the Great Patriotic War and once again testify to the inhuman attitude of the Kyiv regime towards its own people and complete disregard for all norms of morality and international humanitarian law.
* * *
Lugansk will be renamed Voroshilovgrad on May 9 – the corresponding decree was signed by the head of the republic
According to Andrei Marochko, a representative of the NM of the LPR, the Soviet name is traditionally returned to the city on Victory Day, the Day of the Great Patriotic War and the Day of the Liberation of Lugansk from Nazi troops on February 14.
In the title photo: The Russian Guard patrols the beaches in the Kherson region
If you notice a mistake in the text, highlight it and press Ctrl+Enter to send the information to the editor.