If you’re looking for a warm, tasty, and healthy side dish, then you might want to keep one Roasted Cauliflower Turmeric recipe in mind to keep in reserve. Turmeric has a slightly spicy flavor with notes of ginger and pepper.
Combined with the somewhat nutty, even sweet, taste of cauliflower, you’ll find it’s not necessary to overload your body with starchy mashed potatoes or rice to enjoy a dish that’s sure to become your favorite!
This recipe from Black Fitness Today, in addition to being served warm during fall and winter, is also great chilled as a summer salad.
Did you know?
Roasted Cauliflower with Turmeric is loaded with flavor and nutrients.
Cauliflower contains vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants that support brain and heart health, as well as fight cancer and inflammation.
The active ingredient in turmeric, curcumin, has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-cancer properties.
Recipe for Roasted Cauliflower with Turmeric
- 1 head of cauliflower
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (or coconut oil)
- 1 tablespoon turmeric
- A pinch of cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice the head of cauliflower into florets.
- Place the cauliflower in a baking dish. Add olive oil, turmeric, cumin, salt and then mix.
- Cover the baking dish with foil to keep the cabbage from drying out. Bake for approximately 35-40 minutes.
- Then remove the foil and cook for another 15 minutes.