When cucumbers are becoming cheaper and we have already tasted fresh vegetables, it’s time to experiment with pickles and preservation. We offer to cook lightly salted cucumbers in such a way that they can be consumed after 12 hours, writes RBC-Ukraine.
The famous Ukrainian blogger Alina FooDee shared the recipe.
Ingredients for a 3 liter jar:
- Cucumbers – 1.5-2 kg
- Dill umbrellas – 4-5 pcs. (you can also use dill greens, 50 g)
- Garlic – 1 head
- Black pepper – 6-8 peas
- Allspice – 3 peas
- Cherry, currant, horseradish leaves – several pieces each (if available, if not, you can do without them)
For brine (per 1 liter of boiling water):
- 1 st. l. salt with a slide
- 1 hour. l. Sahara
You may need 1 to 1.5 liters of brine, depending on the packing density of the cucumbers in the jar. Accordingly, the amount of salt and sugar must be increased.
Step by step cooking cucumbers
- Wash cucumbers, dill and cherry, currant, horseradish leaves well. Trim the “bottoms” of the cucumbers, so they will be better salted.
- Place the cucumbers very tightly in the jar, alternating with dill, cherry, currant and horseradish leaves, garlic, black and allspice.
- Dissolve salt and sugar in boiling water, pour cucumbers. To prevent the jar from cracking, pour boiling water on the cucumbers, and not on the walls of the jar, you can put something iron under the jar, for example, a knife.
- Leave the cucumbers at room temperature until completely cool, then refrigerate until they are completely cool and ready to serve!