The delicious orange cream is a truly unique dessert. It will be an ideal filling for rolls and eclairs, tartlets and shortbread dough baskets, buns and cupcakes, a great decoration for muffins and muffins.
It goes well with many types of dough: orange cream is suitable for biscuit, puff cake, honey cake, custards. Finally, this dessert can be simply eaten with spoons, garnished with cocoa powder or chocolate chips.
- eggs at room temperature – 4 pcs. plus 2 yolks
- sugar – 3/4 cup (170 g)
- grated orange peel – 2 tsp.
- freshly squeezed orange juice – 3/4 cup (180 ml)
- pieces of cold butter – 120 g
- In a glass bowl, combine eggs, egg yolks, sugar and orange zest. Stir with a whisk and slowly pour in the orange juice. Add butter and stir.
- Place in the microwave and cook on medium power for 7-10 minutes, stirring every minute, until thickened. Wipe through a sieve and arrange in sterilized jars.
- Roll up and cool completely for 2 hours. Store in the refrigerator for 1 month (use an open jar within 2 weeks).