On September 7, Russia celebrates the anniversary of the Battle of Borodino.
In the urban district of Chekhov, a tradition of special veneration of the memory of the heroes of the Patriotic War of 1812 has long existed and is carefully preserved.
Back in 1816, an associate of Field Marshal M.I. Kutuzov, one of the outstanding Russian commanders, infantry general D.S. Dokhturov. Until 1917, several memorial churches were built on the Lopasna land, which are now being restored.
And today people remember the heroes of those distant times. Before the 200th anniversary of the Patriotic War of 1812, a large-scale and in many ways unique work was carried out to establish the names of ordinary participants in the war from 150 Lopasnensky villages. For several years, according to archival documents, it was possible to find the names of 454 peasants who, in the summer of 1812, became warriors of the regiments of the people’s militia of the Moscow province and laid down their heads on the battlefields. Among them were very young boys aged 14 to 16 years. In addition, the names of 203 peasant recruits were established, who, shortly before the start of the war, became soldiers of the regular Russian army.
This patriotic initiative was noticed and supported at the federal level. In particular, on September 18, 2007, the Russian organizing committee “Victory” chaired by the President of the Russian Federation V.V. Putin made the following decision: “To approve the initiative of the executive authorities and public organizations of the Chekhov district of the Moscow region to organize work aimed at perpetuating the memory of the defenders of the Fatherland, in connection with the preparations for the celebration of the 200th anniversary of the Victory of Russia in the Patriotic War of 1812.”
In the fall of 2008 in Chekhov, for the first time, a paramilitary game for schoolchildren “Flying Army Partisan Detachment of Colonel Prince Nikolai Kudashev” was held, in which episodes of battles to liberate Lopasnensky villages from French invaders in September-October 1812 were reproduced. This interesting and bright patriotic initiative has since become a good tradition: this year, in the historical park of the Lopasnya-Zachatyevskoye Estate Museum, where Russian partisans were once based, the paramilitary game will be held for the 14th time. Now dozens of students of the Chekhov technical school will join the schoolchildren.
For more than 20 years in the secondary school of the village of Novy Byt, created on the initiative of the teacher of history N.Ye. Talaeva Museum of History and Local Lore named after General from Infantry D.S. Dokhturov, on the basis of which a great deal of local history and military-patriotic work is being carried out. In 2007, the museum became the winner of the Moscow regional competition, and at present the issue of assigning this school the name of an outstanding Russian commander is being decided.
In 2002, during the restoration work in the Voznesenskaya Davidova Hermitage, the desecrated during the period of theomachy in the 1930s, and then the lost burial place of D.S. Dokhturov. In October 2003, a solemn reburial took place here, and the coffin with the remains of the hero of the Patriotic War of 1812 was carried by generals and admirals of the Russian Armed Forces. A bronze bust of the commander was installed on the grave. Since then, a good tradition has been established, when on the monastery square opposite the monument to the commander, a rite of passage for young officers who come to serve in nearby military units is held.
In September 2012, in the Victory Park of the village of Novy Byt, a granite monument was opened and consecrated in memory of hundreds of ordinary soldiers who participated in the Patriotic War of 1812. It was built at the initiative of the public and at the expense of a rural settlement. The celebration took place with a large gathering of local residents, especially children, with the participation of the abbot of David’s Hermitage, Hegumen Sergius (Kuksov) and the local clergy, the command of military units stationed in the region, and military service veterans. As the head of the rural settlement S.D. Anashkin, thanks to research carried out by local historians, now the names of 101 deceased warriors of the Moscow people’s militia and 192 ordinary soldiers of the Russian army during the Patriotic War of 1812, called up from 33 neighboring villages and villages, are known. This is reflected in the inscriptions on the granite of the beautiful monument, which took its rightful place next to the monument in honor of the Great Victory in 1945.
In the village of Krasnye Orly, thanks to the efforts and funds of a local resident G.V. Gladkova built and consecrated a memorial chapel in memory of fellow countrymen from six surrounding villages who died during the Great Patriotic War. And in early 2009, a four-ton granite boulder with marble plaques was erected near the chapel, on which the names of 34 participants in the Patriotic War of 1812 who lived more than 200 years ago in the same villages were immortalized.
The monument in the village of Novy Byt and the chapel in the village of Krasnye Orly are vivid evidence that the people remember and will never forget both of our great victories – 1812 and 1945. These are, in fact, equivalent symbols of the power of Russia and its weapons, the unity of our peoples, their determination and ability to defend the honor, freedom and independence of the Motherland in any conditions.
Photo by the author.