This recipe will ease the work of many housewives, because the meat and vegetables just need to be folded in layers or whatever you like in a 3-liter jar and forgotten in the oven for a while. By the way, the can can be simply thrown away.
Interestingly, the meat on the lower layers is completely covered with juice and can be eaten literally with the lips, although no liquid was added to the jar. The top layer has a slightly different taste, more like a barbecue.
Ingredients for a 3 liter can:
- any meat with fat – 1 kg,
- already peeled pumpkin – 1 kg,
- peeled potatoes – 1 kg,
- onions – 140 g,
- garlic – 6-8 cloves,
- lavrushka – 2 leaves,
- hot pepper – a few pieces if desired,
- rosemary – a sprig.
Cooking meat in a jar lasts 90 minutes:
1. All ingredients should be prepared in advance, namely – chop the onion into rings.
2. Chop the meat coarsely.
3. Cut the pumpkin into pieces similar to meat.
4. Leave the potato segments oversized.
5. Salt and pepper the whole slices. Place 1/3 of the meat on the bottom of the dry jar. Cover it with onions and garlic cloves.
6. Next comes the potato layer.
7. Behind him is a pumpkin.
8. Then the layers will be repeated, starting with the meat one.
9. Press down slightly to fit all the items. So fill the jar to the top.
10. Put slices of hot pepper and lavrushka on the empty places. Push in a sprig of rosemary.
11. Seal the neck with foil. Use a skewer to make several holes for the steam to escape.
12. Put the jar in a cold oven (otherwise it will burst) and only then set the temperature to 180 degrees. Vegetables and meat will be ready in 70 minutes, but another 10 minutes. let them stand in the switched off oven.
13. Through the glass you can see that half of the jar is filled with juice, and the meat below is well crushed.
For convenience, transfer the garnish with the meat to a wide ceramic bowl that keeps heat well. In this form or in portioned plates, the dish can be served on the table.
Try it, bon appetit!