In Russia, the problem remains with the introduction of important social institutions. In particular, we are talking about kindergartens and hospitals… So, as of January 10, about 20% of primary health care facilities were not created on time. In addition, not all schools are still connected to high-speed internet. This became known on April 8 following a meeting on the implementation of the President’s messages to the Federal Assembly of 2019 and 2020… Vladimir Putin held it on the eve of the next appeal to the Federal Assembly, it is scheduled for April 21. According to experts, the main tasks of the authorities are still the same – improving the well-being of citizens, building the necessary infrastructure, simplifying access to education and medicine. All these topics were raised during the meeting.
Population and medicine
Before setting new ambitious tasks, Vladimir Putin decided to take stock of the work done and outline the problems that the authorities have not yet been able to solve.…
“We need to honestly and directly talk about what has not been done so far, where the so-called slippage and difficulties still persist,” Vladimir Putin said during his opening remarks.
The focus was primarily on the social block… According to Deputy Prime Minister Tatyana Golikova, thanks to maternity capital and other support measures, it was possible to significantly slow down the rate of decline in the birth rate – from 8% in 2019 to 3% in 2020. According to Rosstat, in March 2021, 15.2% more children were born compared to the same period last year. The increase is noted in 75 regions, in 38 constituent entities this indicator has completely exceeded the national average.
A steady increase in the population of the Russian Federation remains one of the main national goals. However against the background of the spread of COVID-19, the indicator at the end of 2020 decreased by more than 500 thousand people. This is a record drop in the past 15 years. Due to the pandemic, the past year was special in terms of economics and demographics, so it is hardly worth evaluating as a signal or a trend., Dmitry Kulikov, director of the group of sovereign ratings and macroeconomic analysis of ACRA, explained to Izvestia.
Photo: Izvestia / Zurab Javakhadze
According to him, in the short term, the background trend of the natural decline in the population of Russia is expected to continue, which will be partially compensated by the net migration inflow.
– For dry figures of GDP, it is not the total population of the country that is important, but first of all, the population of working age and, more narrowly, of those who participate in labor activity… And here we see a local positive moment: the labor force may temporarily grow against the background of a continuing decline in the population at the age of 16–72. Its growth may be associated with a distant echo of the 1980s baby boom, as well as the effect of the pension reform, the transition period of which will end in 2028. The impact of these two effects on real GDP is about 0.5 pp. per year on average in 2024–2030, the expert added.
Meanwhile in Russia there are quite a few urgent and large-scale problems that directly affect the standard of living, which, in turn, affects both the birth rate and the outflow of citizens from the country, said Alexei Matyukhov, managing partner of BMS Group, in an interview with Izvestia. At the same time, the outflow of people, often educated and highly qualified, leads to a decrease in labor resources in general, effective demand, and therefore in general economic indicators, he added.
– Of the main problems, one can single out low incomes combined with a constant rise in prices, a low level of general improvement of settlements (roads, recreation areas, etc.). It is also problems for entrepreneurs – high administrative pressure and unstable legal regulation. To this can be added and growing dissatisfaction with the level of education and medicine… Of course, remote, peripheral regions, where the living standards and incomes of the population are especially low, suffer most from this, ”explained Alexey Matyukhov.
Vladimir During the meeting, Putin drew attention to the problems associated with the commissioning of medical facilities. By the end of 2020, all settlements with a population of 100 to 2 thousand people were planned to be provided with access to primary health care… It was assumed that this would be done by creating new and replacing emergency feldsher posts, medical outpatient clinics, as well as the introduction of mobile medical complexes.
Photo: RIA Novosti / Pavel Lisitsyn
However, the program has not been completed in 23 regions. As of January 10, about 20% of primary health care facilities were not completed on time… The implementation of measures to provide service housing for medical workers in rural areas and in small towns has not been completed either.
Vladimir Putin also instructed to control the provision of funding for the work of the Circle of Kindness Foundation., created to support children with severe life-threatening and chronic diseases, including orphan diseases. This year they plan to allocate 60 billion rubles to him by increasing the tax burden on some groups of the population. Applications for 983 children have already been collected. In addition, Vladimir Putin urged to bring to its logical conclusion the creation of a federal register of citizens entitled to the provision of medicines, medical devices and medical food.
Looking for a place
Also, the head of state called on the government to take control of the pace of creating new kindergartens. Despite the fact that the authorities planned to organize 190 thousand places, in fact, only 155.4 thousand… According to the Ministry of Education, to date, the queue for kindergartens has been eliminated in only 28 regions. At the same time, the president drew attention to the very procedure for the construction of preschool institutions. Thus, the minimum cost of creating one place in a nursery is 835.4 thousand rubles. Such a price tag, according to Vladimir Putin, is recorded in the Volgograd region. At the same time, in Udmurtia, 1.577 million rubles are spent for each place, he noted.
– Listen, where is Volgograd and where is Udmurtia – these subjects of the Federation are not far from each other, very close, one might say. Therefore, it is strange that there is such a difference, ”the president emphasized.
Photo: Moscow City News Agency
In his opinion, such an imbalance is caused by the fact that in most regions one participant is actually included in tenders. Commenting on this problem, Senator Sergei Leonov told Izvestia that there are often cases when the construction of kindergartens is delayed due to irresponsible contractors.
– There is also an accessibility issue. Sometimes developers prefer to use land not for social institutions, but for the construction of ordinary real estate. Not all companies pay enough attention to this issue, ”he told Izvestia.
In addition, there are many kindergartens built in Soviet times in small settlements. They are in need of major refurbishment.
“People are trying to repair them on their own, but this is ineffective,” the parliamentarian complained.
The meeting also discussed the situation in the field of school education. Vladimir Putin, in particular, noted that more than 10 thousand institutions need to be connected to high-speed Internet… He instructed the government to figure out why 22% of schools pay for Internet connection twice the average price in Russia, and 6% of schools – even three times more…
Meanwhile, Deputy Prime Minister Dmitry Chernyshenko reported that the total volume of budget-funded places in domestic universities in 2021 increased by 10%. According to him, this will additionally provide an opportunity to receive education for 33 thousand Russians.
– Ideally, of course, all places should be budget-friendly. This is especially true of the most important specialties for society – for example, medical or engineering. Some of the students who pay for education study effortlessly because the risk of dropping out is lower. Now some universities are still interested in preserving paid places, because they can make a profit, ”Vladimir Krugly, a member of the Federation Council Committee on Social Policy, told Izvestia.
Photo: Izvestia / Konstantin Kokoshkin
Deputy Prime Minister Marat Khusnullin also spoke at the meeting, who announced a 12% rise in housing prices in Russia. The cost was influenced not only by the preferential mortgage, but also by the coronavirus pandemic, which slowed down construction… According to Vladimir Putin, the Federal Antimonopoly Service should deal with significant changes in housing prices. He recalled that in North Ossetia the growth was 30%, in the Oryol region – 19.7%, in Adygea – 19.3%, in the Amur region – 18.6%, in the Ryazan region – 17.6%.
Meanwhile, Deputy Prime Minister Andrei Belousov reported on plans to reduce the construction time of industrial facilities by 20% by 2024. Against this background, the costs of investors may decrease by 10%. He recalled that now in Russia the construction time from project to start-up is 52 months. Although in the European Union, a similar plant is being built in 36 months.