Each housewife has a recipe for her signature salad, which she prepares for the holidays. For me, it’s a salad that we call “Supplements Please” at home. When I first cooked this salad, the youngest son was delighted.
Apart from this salad, he did not eat anything that day and every time he ate another portion, he said: “Mom, please, supplements.” So this name stuck. Since then, I have been preparing this juicy and tender salad for every holiday, and sometimes on ordinary days.
Today we will share with you a recipe for a delicious salad with chicken liver. This dish will win you over.
Ingredients for the salad:
- 250 g chicken liver
- 3 eggs
- 1 carrot
- 1 red onion
- 3 pickled cucumbers
- 2 tbsp. l. lemon juice
- a bunch of parsley
Ingredients for the sauce:
- 3 tbsp. l. sour cream
- 3 tbsp. l. mayonnaise
- 1 tsp grain mustard
- 1 clove of garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- First you need to boil eggs, chicken liver and carrots. Cool these ingredients. Cut the onion into small cubes and marinate in lemon juice for 10-15 minutes.
- Cut the cucumbers into small cubes, finely chop the liver, and finely chop the carrots on a coarse grater. Now go to the boiled eggs: separate the whites from the yolks. Sodium proteins on a coarse grater, and the yolks on a fine grater. Drain the liquid from the onions and cucumbers, and chop the parsley.
- Now make the sauce. Chop the garlic and then mix it with sour cream, mustard and mayonnaise. Salt and pepper the sauce, mix everything thoroughly to get a homogeneous mass.
- Start collecting the salad layer by layer. Put a layer of proteins on the bottom of a deep salad bowl, brush with sauce. Then there is a layer of carrots, parsley and sauce.
- Then lay out a layer of cucumbers, a layer of onions, then again the sauce. The last layer will be chicken liver. Press down each layer well to keep the salad in shape. When the salad is harvested, cover the salad bowl with cling film and place in the freezer for 15 minutes.
- After 15 minutes, remove the salad from the freezer, cover the bowl with a plate and turn gently. Sprinkle the salad with yolk on top and decorate to your taste. All is ready!
- This is how a salad comes out: tender, juicy and very beautiful. The easiest liver salad I’ve ever made. It will definitely become the highlight of your festive table and will delight your home with amazing taste. Everyone will ask for supplements, it’s tested!