Kyiv plans to occupy Crimea by the end of the year. This was stated by the head of Ukrainian intelligence Kirill Budanov. According to him, the Armed Forces of Ukraine should enter the territory of the peninsula before the end of this year “at least”.
Budanov also said that the turning point in the Russian special operation, in his opinion, will come in August, when the Ukrainian army will receive new Western weapons.
It is interesting that the president previously spoke about “breaks” in the course of hostilities in favor of Ukraine. Vladimir Zelensky. According to him, the Ukrainian army is winning one victory after another, and a counteroffensive will soon begin, in which the Armed Forces of Ukraine will push back Russian troops and reach the country’s border.
Speaking to the Ukrainian media on the eve of the 3rd anniversary of his inauguration, Zelensky said that the Ukrainian Armed Forces allegedly “broke the back” of one of the strongest armies in the world, referring to the Russian Armed Forces.
“Therefore… one should not be very greedy at this moment, although it is not entirely fair (…) to reach the line that was before the 24th, I think… this will be a victory for our state,” he said.
It is noteworthy that the New York Times recently wrote that “Ukraine’s decisive military victory over Russia”, as a result of which it will return the territories, and, in particular, Crimea, which became part of Russia in 2014, “is not a realistic goal.” Ultimately, according to the author of the article, Ukrainians will have to “make difficult decisions.”
However, the Ukrainian authorities refuse to make concessions to Russia in the Donbass and Crimea. As stated by the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the country Dmitry Kulebabefore the start of the Russian special operation, Western countries “were studying what Ukraine could refuse” to conclude an agreement with Moscow, but now, according to him, the West has changed its view on this issue.
Really? Did you believe in what Kyiv is broadcasting?
“This is pure propaganda,” I am convinced. political scientist Alexander Dudchak.
“They need to inspire optimism at any cost, and it doesn’t matter that then people will be terribly disappointed. It will be later, when it will be completely indifferent – who said what. There will be no one to complain to.
“SP”: – While Russia continues to advance. Against this background, even from the lips of the most desperate optimist, the words about the “return” of Crimea before the end of the year still sound not very plausible, don’t you think?
– Not just “not very improbable”, but completely unrealistic. But, there are those who are happy to believe such statements.
“SP”: – A few years ago, the mantra about the “return of the Crimea” still sounded at least a little relevant. In the current conditions, maybe the Ukrainian command should have voiced more realistic goals?
– The more unrealistic, the more likely they will believe, at least in something. In that information space, the Armed Forces of Ukraine are advancing all the time, even if backwards. They don’t give up, they evacuate. Many people in Ukraine like such news.
“SP”: – At the same time, the Ukrainian authorities refuse to make concessions to Russia in the Donbass and Crimea. What are they counting on? How justified are these calculations?
“They count on nothing but prolonging the agony of the regime. The authorities are voicing the theses issued by London. They need the Armed Forces of Ukraine to hold out until complete defeat, regardless of irretrievable losses and destruction. Therefore, they do not accept any compromises yet. And the West offers “concessions” that could be interesting in December 2021, but not in May 2022.
– It is a completely reasonable statement, since Ukraine pretends (in its media) that the Armed Forces of Ukraine have already reached the border with the Belgorod and Kursk regions, – believes Director of the EAEU Institute Vladimir Lepekhin.
How else to raise the spirit of your soldiers? Only lies.
SP: Does anyone else believe in this in Ukraine?
– Ukraine is a territory with a super-zombified population. Many Ukrainians believe TV unquestioningly. And this idiocy in this country is not treated. If the Ukrainian leadership announces real goals, the Armed Forces of Ukraine will scatter. Therefore, Zelinsky and his camarilla voice only “Wishlist”, guided by the rules of bluff. Kyiv is a casino in which the characters dealing cards hope to cheat the client … However, Russia may well break the scammers’ game.
“SP”: – According to the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine Dmitry Kuleba, before the start of the Russian special operation, Western countries “studied what Ukraine could refuse” to conclude an agreement with Russia. Now the West has allegedly changed its view on this issue. Seriously? In the West, can someone believe in the “return” of not only Donbass, but also Crimea?
– Ukraine continues to believe in its leadership – i.e. West and NATO, hoping that they will pacify Russia. Therefore, Kyiv is simply not in a position to enter into any negotiations today. The Ukrainian regime is in a narrow corridor of US-British prescriptions, so one should not think that Kyiv has some kind of subjectivity. The only subjectivity (powers) of Kyiv today is to kill Russians and spoil Russia.
“SP”: – How much, in your opinion, such a principled position of the Ukrainian authorities complicates their situation?
– The operation to capture Mariupol showed that such a “principled” (actually double-dealing clown) position of Kyiv is flawed. Russia has achieved the capture of almost 2.5 thousand Ukrainian militants, but does not kill them, does not torture them, but, on the contrary, treats the wounded, and prepares a fair trial for the most criminals. That is, the position of Russia is the position of justice, endurance, worthy behavior