You can cook this delicacy at any time of the year, and it will turn out sweet, tasty, able to quench your thirst and bring pleasure.
The list of required components includes:
- Dried fruits – 200 g;
- Sugar – 100 g;
- Water – 2 l;
- Lemon – 1/4 pc.;
- Starch – 2-3 tbsp. l.
How to cook?
In the question of how to cook jelly, it is important to observe the proportions, but you can vary the amount of certain ingredients in it to your taste. For example, adding more sugar will make it sweeter, while adding more starch will make it thicker.
According to this recipe, the dessert is prepared as follows:
- First of all, you need to prepare dried fruits by washing them thoroughly. If you made the workpiece yourself and are sure that there is no dirt in it, just wash it well under running water. The product purchased in the store should be soaked in water for at least half an hour, and then use running water;
- Place this ingredient in a saucepan, covering it with sugar and pouring water;
- Let the mixture boil over high heat, then reduce it to medium and continue cooking for another third of an hour. Surely in this scheme you learned another recipe – a delicious compote known to everyone;
- Let the drink cool while you work on the starch mixture, which is prepared by combining cool water and powder. Stir the ingredients thoroughly, let the mixture stand for a while;
- Continue the process of how to cook jelly from compote by pouring it through a sieve into another container, thereby ridding the liquid of raw materials and impurities that could remain even after washing the dried fruits;
- Pour it into a saucepan, add the starch composition to it, bring the mixture to a boil over medium heat, stirring the dish constantly;
- After boiling, boil the jelly made from dried fruit compote for 1 minute, add lemon to it, cut it into slices;
- This delicacy is best served chilled.
- Despite the fact that jelly cooked from a package, a briquette, does not always have good reviews, it is prepared quickly and uncomplicated, so this semi-finished product is also often used. Its taste will not be so natural, rich, but, having cooked the dish correctly, it is quite possible to enjoy it. It is not difficult to prepare this version of the dish – you just need to mix the contents of the package with water in the amount indicated on it.
But there is another way to cook jelly from a briquette – so that it is not only tasty, but also healthy.
This will require:
- Semi-finished briquette – 250 g;
- Water – 2.5 l + 1 glass;
- Fresh berries or fruits (any to taste) – 300 g;
- Starch – 3-4 tbsp. l.;
- Sugar – 4-5 tbsp. l.
Cooking like this:
- Wash used fruits or berries;
- Boil them, letting them boil for 8-10 minutes after boiling;
- Express the liquid through a sieve, and using it, grind the boiled ingredient, adding it to the first one;
- Pour the mixture into a saucepan;
- Thoroughly knead the contents of the briquette using a fork or a potato masher, pour in the powder, combining it with starch, a glass of water, stir;
- Pour this mass into fruit or berry liquid, mix, let the composition boil;
- Add sugar to it, boil for no more than 1 minute.
- This method, how to cook jelly from a bag or briquette, is used by many housewives who care about the health of their household and guests, and it can be served both hot and chilled.
It is not difficult to prepare this dish, and it will bring pleasure to both children and adults, moreover, at any time of the year and for any occasion.