With the advent of the May holidays, the outdoor picnic season is officially open. Everyone who has tried grilled vegetables at least once will forever become their fans. After all, this food has an amazing taste and incomparable aroma. Such vegetables will serve as an excellent side dish for barbecue and an appetizer for alcoholic beverages. In addition, they are considered diet food.
Zucchini, eggplant, bell peppers, onions, asparagus, cauliflower, potatoes, carrots, tomatoes and even cucumbers are great for this. Mushrooms are especially good – it’s just a delight.
If you just bake vegetables on the grill, they will quickly lose moisture and be dry, like rubber. To prevent this from happening, you need to prepare the right and tasty marinade.
How to cook grilled vegetables
- 500–700 g of your favorite vegetables
- 200 g champignons
- 1 lemon
- a couple of sprigs of basil
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 50 ml vegetable oil
- salt to taste
- Rinse vegetables and mushrooms well. If they look sluggish, before marinating fill them with water and let stand for one hour.
- Start preparing the marinade for vegetables. Squeeze the juice of one lemon into a bowl. Wash the basil and rosemary and finely chop them. Pass the garlic through the press. Add garlic, herbs, salt and vegetable oil to lemon juice.
- Chop the vegetables and mushrooms and put them in a clean bag. Pour the marinade over them, tie up the bag and shake well. Leave to soak for 10-30 minutes.
- You can string vegetables on skewers or put them in a net and grill them like a barbecue.
- Bake them for 10 minutes on each side.