Oct 16, 2020
0 0

Investigators refused to open a criminal case on Tesak’s death: there is no crime

The investigation in the Chelyabinsk region refused to initiate a criminal case against the relatives of Maxim Martsinkevich, known as Tesak, who died in the pre-trial detention center, his lawyer Alexei Mikhalchik said, Interfax reports.

"A source close to the investigation told representatives of Maksim Martsinkevich's father that today the investigator of the Chelyabinsk Investigative Committee issued a decision to refuse to initiate a criminal case on the fact of death," Mikhalchik said in a statement published on Friday.

According to him, there is no official confirmation of this information yet, "but it most likely corresponds to reality, since the maximum period for conducting a pre-investigation check (part 3 of article 144 of the Criminal Procedure Code of the Russian Federation) is 30 days, which expired today, October 16".

Mikhalchik noted that according to the results of the pre-investigation check, a decision is made to initiate a case, or to refuse to initiate it. "The suicide version was and remains the only working version of the investigation. The decision to refuse to initiate a case should be sent to the applicant and after receiving it, we will immediately challenge this decision in accordance with the procedure established by law, since we insist that Maxim Martsinkevich was killed," - added the lawyer.

On December 29, 2018, the Babushkinsky Court of Moscow sentenced Martsinkevich to 10 years in a strict regime colony, having found him guilty of robbery and hooliganism (part 2 of Article 162 of the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation, part 2 of Article 213 of the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation). Before that, Martsinkevich had already had three convictions for crimes of an extremist nature.

On September 16, the body of prisoner Martsinkevich (nicknamed Tesak) and suicide notes were found in the cell of SIZO N3 of the Main Directorate of the Federal Penitentiary Service of Russia in the Chelyabinsk region.

The TFR is sure that he committed suicide. The picture of the circumstances of the death of the nationalist Maxim Martsinkevich in the Chelyabinsk remand prison, including his suicide notes, indicate that he committed suicide, said the official representative of the Investigative Committee of the Russian Federation (TFR) Svetlana Petrenko. In addition, according to her, shortly before his death, the nationalist confessed to a double murder, committed back in 2007.

“As part of the procedural check, it is possible to say with great confidence that Martsinkevich left suicide notes and committed suicide,” Petrenko said in an interview with the Komsomolskaya Pravda newspaper on Thursday.

"He had a very serious motive for taking his own life. You know that he was previously sentenced to 10 years. According to his calculations, he should have been released on parole in a couple of years. He made plans like that. But circumstances have changed." said the representative of the TFR.

There are traces of torture on Maksim Martsinkevich's body. According to his father, Sergei Mprtsinkevich, Maksim's nails were torn out, bruises, hematomas and an injection mark were found on his body. The forensic examination of the body showed that he had no toenails, said human rights activist Oksana Trufanova, adding that the relatives of the deceased prisoner on September 24 were given the body of Martsinkevich from the Chelyabinsk morgue.

Article Categories:

Leave a Reply