The actions of an employee of one of the medical centers in the US state of Wisconsin led to the fact that more than 500 doses of the drug from COVID-19 were spoiled, TASS reports.
It is clarified that the incident happened in Milwaukee last week. An employee of the medical center took out the containers with the drug from a special refrigerator and did not return them in time. It is noted that we are talking about the vaccine of the Moderna company.
The management of the institution at first thought that it had happened by mistake, but later the employee admitted that he “deliberately took the drug out of the refrigerator.” It is noted that he was fired. The reason for the act of the medical center employee is not given.
The vaccine was registered with the United States Food and Drug Administration on December 19. Earlier it was reported that in Boston, a doctor who had been vaccinated against a coronavirus with a drug from Moderna developed an acute allergic reaction.