Thin pancakes cannot be compared to any other dish, they are the best option for breakfast. Thanks to their versatile taste, they become an indispensable base for a variety of snacks, both sweet and savory.
A huge advantage of pancakes is the simplicity of their preparation, as well as extremely low cost of ingredients, especially if we talk about pancakes on the water.
We have prepared for you a step-by-step recipe for thin pancakes in water. If you can’t wait to learn all the tricks of making the most delicious pancakes, then let’s get started soon!
Pancakes on the water
- 1 egg
- a pinch of salt
- 5 tablespoons of sugar
- 650 ml of water
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 3 tbsp. flour
- 2 g vanilla
- vegetable oil
- Take a deep bowl and combine the egg with salt, sugar and vanilla in it.
- Pour 500 ml of water into a bowl and stir again.
- Add flour and baking powder to the rest of the ingredients, and then beat the mass well until smooth, gradually adding the remaining water if necessary.
- It is best to use a mixer to get rid of small lumps. However, with a little more effort to beat the dough, you can get by with a simple whisk or spoon.
- Then let the dough stand for 2 minutes.
- Heat the pan well, while the dough is “resting”, pour some vegetable oil into it, and then start frying the pancakes.
- By the way, frying pancakes is best over medium heat. So they will brown quickly enough and not burn.
- Cook thin pancakes in water and delight your loved ones with the most delicate cottage cheese rolls on their basis.
- Or surprise your family by making a pancake cake for no reason at all.