Minced meat is a universal product. The number of dishes that can be prepared from it cannot be counted. From pies to soups.
Moreover, minced meat is almost a ready-made dish. It can be made in advance, and then quickly piled a culinary masterpiece and served in the heat and heat.
Minced meat is easy to prepare. Some people try to complicate this process by adding different vegetables and seasonings, but these ingredients don’t really make the mince taste better.
The main thing is to choose the right meat and know which types of meat work best with each other.
- Beef… A shoulder or brisket is suitable for cooking ground beef – they are quite soft and contain a lot of protein. The rest of the beef is tougher.
- Hen… Any part of chicken is suitable for minced meat: both fillet and meat cut from the thighs. But it is undesirable to use the skin – it can accumulate antibiotics that are part of the feed. Besides, she is too wiry and fat.
- Turkey… It is best to use fillets, because the meat of the thighs is too tough. From turkey, meatballs and meatballs are especially tasty. Poultry meat is highly sticky, so that the finished dish does not fall apart.
- Pork… For minced meat, take a neck or shoulder blade. It is better to cut off excess fat immediately, because this meat itself is fatty. For this reason, pure pork is not the best choice. Combine it with another type of meat. A classic of the genre – a mixture of beef shoulder or brisket with a small part of a pork shoulder or neck – you get juicy and low-fat minced meat.
Feel free to experiment, take into account the peculiarities of this or that minced meat and mix them to achieve the necessary properties of the dish. For example, if you add a pound of minced chicken to a kilogram of veal, you get a juicy, but not fatty option.
The secret of wonderful cutlets
- A common mistake when onions, potatoes, and an egg are added to the minced meat. All this is unnecessary.
- Take chicken and beef, cut the meat into pieces and turn through a meat grinder.
- At the same time, pour cold water on ordinary white bread (without a crust), which can be pre-dried. Add it to the meat and scroll a second time. If the mass seems a little dry, you can add 100 grams of butter while scrolling. This will add juiciness.
- Then you need to add a little water and beat the mass with your hands. So the minced meat will be saturated with oxygen and become lush. You need to beat off the meat and add water until the mass begins to get away with it, this can take about 10 minutes. Minced meat is ready.
We offer to cook a cutlet called “Pozharskaya” according to a simple recipe, but the result is “lick your fingers.”
- Turn the chicken meat through a meat grinder.
- Add soaked white bread to the minced meat (100 grams per half a kilogram of minced meat).
- Pass through a meat grinder again, add cream (at the rate of 70 grams per 500 grams of meat), beat the mass, add salt to taste.
- Cut the crumb of white bread into small cubes.
- Form patties, bread in bread cubes and fry on both sides until golden brown.