What child doesn’t like blowing bubbles! And many adults do not mind pampering themselves with this exciting activity. But purchased balls have a drawback – their solution quickly ends, and at the most inopportune moment.
Homemade soap bubbles, which can be prepared for future use and stored in the refrigerator, will help to avoid this.
Secrets of Successful Bubbles
Surely many tried to prepare liquid for soap bubbles on their own, but these attempts were unsuccessful and the balls did not blow out or burst instantly.
The quality of the solution depends on the soapy component. This can be regular soap, shower gel, dish detergent, bubble bath, or shampoo.
In order for the bubbles to come out good, it is important that such a product has a high foaming capacity, and it contains fewer additional components – dyes and flavors.
It is recommended to use boiled or distilled water to prepare the solution. So that soap bubbles do not burst quickly and come out dense, sugar or glycerin dissolved in warm water must be added to the liquid.
It is important not to overdo it, otherwise the balls will be difficult to blow out. Ideally, you should, based on the proposed recipes, choose the proportions yourself.
Recipes for making soap bubbles at home
To make soap bubbles at home, you can use one of the following recipes:
- Combine 1/3 cup of dish detergent with 3 tbsp. glycerin and 2 glasses of water. Stir and refrigerate for 24 hours.
- Dissolve 2 tablespoons in 2 glasses of warm water. sugar and combine the liquid with 1/2 cup of dish detergent.
- In 150 gr. distilled or boiled water, add 1 tbsp. sugar, 25 gr. glycerin and 50 gr. shampoo or dish detergent.
- For large bubbles, you can use the following recipe. Combine 5 cups of lukewarm distilled water with 1/2 cup Fairy, 1/8 cup glycerin, and 1 tbsp. Sahara. For a higher viscosity of the solution, you can add a little gelatin soaked in water. Let stand for at least 12 hours and then you can use.
- Mix 1 cup baby shampoo with 2 cups distilled warm water. Insist the mixture for about a day, add 3 tbsp. glycerin and the same amount of sugar.
- Strong soap bubbles come out with glycerin and syrup. With the help of a solution, you can build shapes from balls, blowing them onto any smooth surface. Prepare sugar syrup by mixing and heating 5 parts sugar with 1 part water. Combine 1 part of syrup with 2 parts of grated laundry soap or other soapy liquid, 8 parts of distilled water and 4 parts of glycerin.
- To make colored soap bubbles, you can add a little food coloring to any of the recipes.
To blow home soap bubbles, you can use various devices, for example, spare parts from a ballpoint pen, a carpet beater, frames, paper rolled into a funnel, cocktail straws – it is better to cut them at the tip and bend the petals a little.
For larger balls, use a cut-off plastic bottle. To create huge soap bubbles at home, take a stiff wire and make a ring or other shape of a suitable diameter at one of its ends.
Large balls are also blown out of a ring made of a hose. You can also use your own hands to blow bubbles!