For me, autumn is always associated with orange-ocher pumpkins, delicious and aromatic. How versatile this wonderful vegetable is: for the first, and for the second, and for dessert. And the pastries made from it are always beautiful and tasty!
I especially love pumpkin gingerbread. I have one recipe that I always put in a prominent place, starting in October, and do not clean it all winter, so all my family and friends like it.
Smell of Autumn Pumpkin Gingerbread is suitable for vegetarians and is also a great baking solution for those who are fasting. After all, this cookie does not include butter or eggs.
The biscuits are soft, tender, with an amazing aroma of spices – the smell of real autumn pastries! It is delicious with vanilla glaze, poured over with chocolate or simply sprinkled with powdered sugar!
Today we will share with you the Smell of Autumn pumpkin cookie recipe. It would be ideal to serve such gingerbread cookies for breakfast with a mug of milk.
Ingredients for the dough:
- 400 g pumpkin puree
- 140 g sugar
- 120 g oat flour
- 400 g wheat flour
- 2 tsp baking powder
- 15 g vanilla sugar
- 250 ml. vegetable oil
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 0.5 tsp. Nutmeg
- a pinch of salt
- 200 g icing sugar
- 4-5 Art. l. lemon juice
- Boil the pumpkin and then grind it in a blender.
- Transfer the finished pumpkin puree to a mixer bowl, add sugar, vanilla sugar, nutmeg, cinnamon and salt.
- Whisk all ingredients until smooth. Add vegetable oil and beat again with a mixer.
- Now you need to mix all the dry ingredients. Pour wheat flour, oat flour (you can replace it with crushed oatmeal) and a baking powder into a convenient container. Mix everything well.
- Gradually add the dry mixture to the container with the pumpkin and mix with a mixer.
- Knead the dough and roll in flour. Shape the dough into a sausage and then cut it into small pieces.
- Shape the dough into koloboks and place them on a baking sheet covered with a silicone mat. Send the future cookies to the oven and bake at 180 degrees until tender.
- While the cookies are baking, you can make the icing. Add lemon juice to a glass of powdered sugar (you can use any juice you have). Mix well.
- Ready, even hot cookies, grease with icing using a silicone brush.
- When the icing hardens well, you can try gingerbread. Believe me, you will fall in love with their taste and aroma after the first bite. Enjoy your meal!