If you dream of learning how to decorate cakes beautifully, try this cream! It was suggested to me by an acquaintance who has been working as a pastry chef in a good restaurant for over 15 years.
Protein cream “Wet meringue” will delight everyone! And all thanks to its amazing taste. The cream resembles a protein custard, but unlike it “Wet meringue” is whipped with a mixer in a water bath and it is impossible to spoil it if you follow the recipe exactly.
Cream “Wet meringue”
After applying the cream on baked goods, the cream is covered with a light crust, but inside it remains soft, which gave the name to the cream “Wet meringue”. The ingredients for the cream are simple and accessible to everyone. I am sure that you can easily find them at home, because you only need proteins, sugar and citric acid.
Today we will tell you how to make a super tasty and simple Wet meringue cream. For decorating and filling any baked goods!
- 4 eggs
- 1 tbsp. Sahara
- 1/4 tsp citric acid
- Separate the whites from the yolks. Set the yolks aside and use for another dish. Beat the whites with a mixer.
- In parallel with this, prepare a water bath. To do this, put a pot of water on the stove. While the water is heating, add sugar and citric acid to the container to the proteins. Beat all ingredients with a mixer for 1-2 minutes.
- Place the container with the cream in a water bath (so that the water is already boiling) and beat with a mixer for another 10-15 minutes. The mass should turn out to be snow-white and lush.
- When traces of a whisk appear on the cream (the cream begins to wrap around the whisk), remove it from the saucepan and beat for about 3-4 minutes.
- That’s all, the cream is ready. Wait for it to cool down and decorate your pastries with pleasure.
- By the way, if desired, the cream after preparation can be colored with food dyes.