Jelly is a cold dessert made with gelatin. Berries, jam, various fruits and even cottage cheese are added as a sweet component.
Before starting the preparation of jelly, gelatin must be dissolved in water. It is very important to learn how to do it right. Dilute gelatin only in cold liquid with a temperature of no more than 20 degrees. If you use hot water, the gelatin will simply boil and will not dissolve.
Filled with liquid, it swells from half an hour to an hour. Then the base of the dish is added to it – juice, compote or fruit syrup – and heated in a water bath until completely dissolved.
It is very important to observe all the necessary proportions, this is done in order not to get rubber as a result. If you have 20 grams of gelatin, mix them with one liter of water. You will end up with a quivering jelly. A little more gelatin (from 40 to 60 g) for the same 1 liter of water – you will get jelly, which will need to be cut.
- Never bring gelatin to a boil.
- To make the fruit dish look beautiful and the gelatin is evenly distributed in the form, you need to finely chop the fruit.
- Do not refrigerate gelatin in the freezer, otherwise you will get a crystallized mass.
- Be sure to pay attention to the expiration date of gelatin, an expired one can let you down and the whole dish.
- Jellied fruits and berries retain a sufficient amount of vitamins. Milk and cocoa jellies are low in calories and highly digestible. Gelatin helps to strengthen bones, nails and hair. Delicious desserts with gelatin require a minimum of costs and a small amount of products. We offer you the top 5 options for making jelly.
- 1 tbsp gelatin
- 0.5 tbsp. water
- 3.5 tbsp. milk
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- a pinch of vanilla
- Pour the gelatin powder with cooled boiled water and leave it to soak for half an hour, then squeeze it thoroughly.
- Heat the milk to a boil and add sugar to it. Boil further with sugar, and then remove from heat.
- Stir the milk constantly and add our squeezed gelatin to it. Allow the resulting mass to cool and season it a little with vanilla.
- Mix everything thoroughly and strain with a strainer or gauze napkin.
- Pour the prepared mixture into molds and place them in a cold place.