Shower gels have become part of our lives. Compared to soap, they foam faster and are more economical to use. In addition, as a rule, they have a pleasant aroma and turn routine water procedures into a real pleasure, combining the useful with the pleasant.
Cosmetic stores offer us a huge selection of products, but we are increasingly thinking about how to learn how to prepare personal care products at home.
After all, a self-made shower gel is guaranteed to be free of artificial chemical ingredients.
The scent for it can be chosen to your liking, and thanks to its natural composition, it will be as harmless to the skin as possible and will cost you much less than a product bought in a store.
Shower gel from the base
The easiest way is to make a shower gel from a liquid foundation and add your favorite ingredients to it. The girls leave good reviews about the Organic Liquid Castile Soap Base. It does not need to be diluted with water or hydrolates and is the most organic of all existing liquid foundations.
The absence of surfactants in the base makes the home gel a delicate cleanser that does not violate the acid-base balance of the skin, does not dry out, does not irritate the epidermis. Everything about everything will take us 10 minutes. So let’s go!
- 200 g liquid base
- 1 g water-soluble avocado or grape seed oil
- 10-20 drops of perfume
- 2 g sea salt
- 1 g Protein Complex (AminoForce)
- a few drops of dye
- pearlescent pigment on the tip of the knife
You will need:
- mini mixer for cosmetics
- mixing container
- formic alcohol to remove bubbles
- alcohol spray bottle
- clean bottle with screw cap
- silicone spatula
- Heat 200 grams of base in a water bath to 30-35 degrees. It is important not to overheat the base, otherwise it will become cloudy.
- Add a cosmetic dye (you can also use food), the main thing is to observe the measure. Stir. If some bubbles appear, sprinkle with the mixture
- DIY shower gel from scratch
- Add water soluble avocado oil and stir. Good oil should make the mixture only slightly cloudy. For dry skin, use grape seed oil.
- Add perfume and mix again. Wait for the turbidity to pass.
- The turn of the active component has come. AminoForce is a natural protein complex based on three grains (rye, wheat and oats). The component has a moisturizing and nourishing effect on the skin, gives volume and shine to the hair.
- If you plan to use the entire product in 3-10 days, you will not need a preservative. Otherwise, you should use a rinse-off preservative to preserve the gel. Dosage information can usually be obtained from the manufacturer.
- At this stage, you need to use a mini mixer for cosmetic emulsions. A convenient device allows you to achieve high-quality and homogeneous mixtures without lumps.
- In addition, with the help of a mini-mixer, it is easy to make coffee drinks with lush foam, as well as creams, pastes, desserts, smoothies.
- It remains to thicken the base. Use the simplest cosmetic thickener, salt. It dissolves quite easily and quickly, and our mixture takes on the consistency of a real gel.
- A little pearlescent pigment – and the mass begins to shimmer with sparkling sparkles.
- Using a funnel and a silicone spatula, pour the dense gel into the prepared bottle.
- That’s all! Not a trace of the turbidity remained. The shower gel with your favorite scent is ready.