Perfumery is a delicate matter, and the better the perfume, the more expensive it is. But the technology for preparing a unique aroma is known not only to perfume factories – a perfume can be created even at home. Home-made perfumes have the simplest composition, the most important thing in such perfumes is to adhere to the correct preparation technology.
How to make perfume at home
To make your own perfume at home, you only need a suitable container for perfume, fresh flowers or essential oils and 2 days. In the case of making perfumes from essential oils, you only need half an hour of free time if you have the necessary ingredients. We share with you two recipes for stunning perfume.
It doesn’t take much to create a fresh, captivating scent of lilac flowers. If lilacs grow in the yard, all you have to spend on it is a bottle of glycerin. Any housewife has everything else at hand.
You will need:
- dark glass perfume bottle
- deep bowl
- 200 g of lilac flowers
- 400 ml water
- 5 drops of glycerin
- Rinse the lilac flowers thoroughly so as not to accidentally pickle any insect.
- Fold the cheesecloth into a deep container in two layers so that the edges hang down on the sides of the container. It is important that the dishes used to prepare the perfume are glass or ceramic. Metal utensils will oxidize the ingredients and the perfume will not work.
- Pour clean flowers into cheesecloth and fill with clean water so that the water covers all flowers. Water for perfume must be filtered.
- Cover the container with a lid or plate and place in a cool dark place for 24 hours.
- Take the gauze with flowers out of the water and tie a tight knot.
- Pour water into a kettle or enamel ladle and dip the gauze bundle into it.
- Simmer the liquid over low heat until about 1 tbsp remains in the kettle. l. water. Make sure that the water does not boil, otherwise the flower smell will disappear.
- Cool the perfume and pour it into a small bottle.
- For a more lasting fragrance, add 5 drops of glycerin to the perfume.
If you did everything right, then you will get a perfume with a delicate scent of lilac. Such perfumes are stored for 3 months in a dark cool place, so do not forget to stick a sticker with the date of manufacture of the perfume.
Perfume on water has a very light, unobtrusive aroma that disappears rather quickly. There is another way to make perfume, which will have a richer aroma and will not fade as quickly. This is a perfume based on essential oils.
Perfume from essential oils
Essential oils have not only a pleasant scent, but also many beneficial properties: eucalyptus oil relieves headaches, orange oil improves mood, and jasmine oil ignites passion.
Some girls use their favorite essential oil as perfume. But if one note is not enough for you and you want to create a fragrant bouquet, you can combine several oils into one unique composition that belongs only to you.
You will need:
- one glass mixing bowl
- 5 drops of lemon oil
- 3 drops of peppermint oil
- 2 drops of neroli oil
- 2 drops of bergamot oil
- glass pipette
- 20 ml ethyl alcohol (base for oily perfume)
- glass bottle for ready-made perfume
Perfume has three phases of scent development: top note, base and base. Usually, the ratio of these notes is 1: 2: 3. If you are making perfume for the first time, you should not immediately pour dozens of fragrances into one container, start with three favorite oils.
- Pour alcohol into a glass bowl.
- Add essential oils with a pipette to alcohol.
- Pour the perfume into a bottle and shake it well.
- Here’s how to make a long lasting perfume at home. Store them in a dark place. Pay attention to the fact that oily perfume should not be applied to exposed skin in warm weather, as pigmentation spots may remain. Before you start using perfume, make sure that you are not allergic to the ingredients.
- In the future, you can experiment with different flavors. If you are not sure of the result, do not apply perfume directly to the skin, it is better to drop a few drops on a cotton cloth and leave it for a day.
- If your nose is tired of different smells while making perfume, to renew your sense of smell, smell the coffee beans. Knowing which scents men hate, you can create the perfect perfume formula that will win the heart of any admirer.