The Medovik cake belongs to the classic cakes, but few people dare to bake this culinary masterpiece on their own. Still, so much fuss! The dough has to be brewed in a water bath, rolled out with a rolling pin and an unimaginable construction of pans is built to make the cakes wonderfully good.
Our recipe today is very similar to the classic honey cake, but it destroys all culinary stereotypes. We promise that the dough will turn out to be liquid, fluffy, high, and the cake itself will outshine the stellar “Medovik” with simplicity of preparation and amazing taste.
The recipe for a delicious sponge cake from us is so versatile and simple that even a novice hostess will get a dessert. Lush sponge cake with honey aroma and delicate custard create an unimaginable tandem of taste and beauty.
Ingredients for the biscuit:
- 5 eggs
- 3 tbsp. l. honey
- 70 g sugar
- 150 g flour
- 1 tsp soda
Ingredients for the cream:
- 3 eggs
- 100 g sugar
- 20 g vanilla sugar
- 50 g flour
- 500 ml milk
- 400 g of condensed milk
- nuts for decoration
- Beat eggs and sugar until fluffy. Transfer the honey to a saucepan with a thick bottom and heat slightly. Add soda to the honey, stirring constantly. The mass will begin to foam and take on a dark caramel color.
- Add hot honey to the beaten eggs, stirring constantly. Add the sifted flour in 2-3 doses. You should get a dough that resembles in consistency
- Place parchment paper on the bottom of the baking dish, pour the dough into the baking dish and bake the sponge cake at 160 ° C for 40 minutes.
- While the biscuit is coming up, prepare the cream. Beat the eggs into a deep bowl, add sugar, vanilla sugar and mash the mixture thoroughly with a fork. Add flour to the mixture and rub thoroughly again. Pour in milk in small portions and stir with a whisk until smooth. Put the mixture in a water bath and cook until thickened, stirring constantly.
- Remove the finished cream from heat and leave to cool under cling film. Boil condensed milk to medium thickening.
- Cut the finished chilled biscuit lengthwise into 2 parts. Spread the bottom cake generously with condensed milk and let it soak. Then brush the cake with custard and cover with the second cake. Brush the top crust with custard, and then garnish the cake with ground nuts.
- An amazing dessert is ready! It is not a shame to serve such a cake to the festive table and it is very pleasant to eat with a cup of tea.
Our budget and easy honey custard cake recipe is so good it will certainly become one of your favorites.