Herring dishes are a favorite delicacy of many. This fish boasts not only excellent taste, but also a huge amount of nutrients. It is surprising, but 250 g of herring fully covers the daily protein requirement of the average person. And there are practically no carbohydrates in it.
The calorie content of a herring depends on its type, but on average it is 240 kcal per 100 g of product. So this fish contributes to weight loss, another thing is what to eat it with and how much salt to add when salting.
As you can see, even a small portion of herring per day is already good. Well, we suggest you prepare it as an interesting snack with bread and cream cheese.
- lightly salted herring
- small loaf of bread
- Red onion
- 2 pickled cucumbers
- 100 g sour cream
- 100 g cream cheese
- 1 tbsp. l. soy sauce
- 1 tsp grain mustard
- lemon juice to taste
- 1 tsp olive oil
- dill to taste
- Peel the herring, remove the bones, cut into small strips. Cut the cucumber and onion into small cubes.
- Mix sour cream with cheese, add soy sauce, mustard, lemon juice, butter. Stir. Cut the bread and cover the mold with foil. Put 2 slices of bread on the bottom and brush with sour cream sauce.
- Sprinkle with onion cubes.
- Layer the herring and cucumber, brush with the sauce again. So repeat 3 times so that the bread is at the top. Wrap the cake with foil and refrigerate.
- Take it out after 20 minutes and cut into squares. Bon Appetit!
Personally, we like even plain boneless herring with onions and bread. And this “cake” is simply delightful!
Use your skewers and the herring cake will turn into cute delicious canapes. They will be able to feed the whole crowd. Another herring dish is ready!