Freezing is one of the most convenient ways to preserve nutrients with minimal loss. Light grape varieties should be frozen in sugar syrup. The syrup is prepared from two glasses of water and one glass of sugar. Changing the proportions of sugar and water is not recommended. Such a blank is perfect for cooking compotes, jams and making desserts.
You will need:
- green grapes – in any quantity.
- disposable containers – 250-400 ml.
for the syrup:
- filtered water – 500 ml.
- white sugar – 250 g.
Steps for preparing grape harvest with step by step photos:
1. We cut off only whole and ripe fruits from the grape brush. We remove rotten and deformed berries.
2. Carefully wash the selected grapes in water so as not to damage the skin.
3. Then we recline on a large sieve so that excess water is drained.
4. While we are preparing the syrup, the berries can be laid out on a cloth napkin so that they do not wrinkle.
5. We proceed to the preparation of syrup. In a suitable container, boil water with sugar for 2 minutes. Turn off the heat and wait for the syrup to cool completely.
6. In plastic disposable containers of medium volume, so that one container is enough to prepare one dish, lay out the prepared grapes.
7. Fill with sugar syrup, leaving a little free space to the top, as the syrup will expand when frozen.
8. Close the containers tightly with lids and send them to the freezer for storage. When properly frozen, grapes can be stored until a new harvest.
When defrosted, the berries do not lose their original shape and remain whole.