Probably the warmest memories of every childhood. Carefree games, interesting acquaintances, favorite toys and dozens of books that help to better understand the world. And adults have always tried to please us with the most delicious and wholesome food, because whoever eats well will grow big, big.
And today we offer to remember the taste of childhood, having cooked the most tender meatballs, like in kindergarten. Everyone liked such sweets much more than semolina or omelet, which was boring at home.
This method of cooking was told to me by my cousin, who had worked as a cook in a kindergarten for several decades. Today, she cooks such meatballs exclusively at home – her improved dish with a creamy taste is eaten with pleasure not only by young grandchildren, but also by a fastidious husband.
- 500 g minced meat
- 250 g boiled rice
- 1 head of onion
- 1 liter of milk
- salt, pepper to taste
- Boil the rice in any convenient way. Let it cool down.
- In a separate container, mix the minced meat, boiled rice and finely chopped onion. Salt and pepper. If meatballs are prepared for a small child, then it is better to exclude pepper from the recipe.
- Mix the mixture well, cover with cling film and put in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Now from the cooled mass, form the meatballs of the desired size and place on a baking sheet. It is important not to place the meatballs too tightly – let there be a small distance between them.
- Pour milk into a baking sheet so that it completely covers the meatballs.
- Send the baking sheet to an oven preheated to 150 degrees for about 45 minutes.
- Ready-made meatballs can be served with any side dish. Enjoy your meal!
Children’s meatballs with gravy are a delicious dish that will make adults salivate. Someone uses milk sauce with flour when cooking meatballs, but we do not recommend doing this. The fact is that such a sauce will not be absorbed properly, unlike whole milk, which will give the meatballs a delicate creamy milk taste.
Recently, we shared the secret of how to immediately cook meatballs with a side dish. The result is a double saving of time. Or try to cook aromatic meatballs of rice and chickpeas in tomato sauce. Meatballs are exactly the dish that must be in the arsenal of any self-respecting housewife and mom. Experiment and you will definitely find your perfect recipe.