Many housewives are already thinking about what delicious things to please guests with on New Year’s holidays. Our editors offer to pamper your relatives with meatloaf prepared according to an Italian recipe.
Please note that the ingredients contain a large amount of dry spices that can be replaced with fresh herbs!
Our family has been preparing this dish for the winter holidays for many years in a row. I can safely say that, thanks to the spicy roll, the cold cuts look very elegant.
Chicken roll with bacon
- 1 kg of beef
- 1 onion
- 100 ml dry white wine
- 400 ml tomato juice
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 eggs
- 200 g hard cheese
- 3 tbsp. l. white bread crumbs
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 1/2 tsp dried basil
- 1/2 tsp dried parsley
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Cut the onion into half rings and finely grate the garlic.
- In a small bowl, combine garlic, bread crumbs, basil, oregano, parsley and salt. Add raw eggs, grated cheese and mix again.
- After spreading the meat on a wide board, cut it along the grain. Just don’t cut it all the way, otherwise you will end up with two pieces, not one. The thickness of the meat should not exceed 1 centimeter. Salt and pepper the beef.
- Place the filling on the meat and spread it evenly over the entire surface. Do not forget to leave about 2 centimeters free at one end.
- Carefully wrap the beef in a roll, making sure that the filling remains inside.
- Tie the roll tightly with culinary thread.
- Place the onion in the skillet and place the meatloaf on top (seam down). Fill the meat with tomato juice and wine. Wrap the pan with foil and put it in an oven preheated to 180 degrees. Bake the roll for two hours.
- To make the crust of the roll turn out to be ruddy, at the end of baking, remove the foil and cook the dish for another 20 minutes.