It is difficult to find a person who does not like french fries. Crispy on the outside and very tender on the inside, it is especially popular with children.
Cooking such potatoes at home on your own is very simple, and the result will be like in the best restaurants in the city.
- Peeled potatoes – 8-10 pieces;
- Vegetable oil – 50 ml;
- Salt – to taste.
Step-by-step recipe with photos for cooking french fries in the oven
1. Wash and discuss the potatoes, and then cut into oblong slices, characteristic of French fries. Transfer all pieces to a plastic bag.
2. Pour vegetable oil into a bag with chopped potatoes. Tie or twist the bag and mix the slices well. The oil needs to be evenly distributed.
3. Cover the baking sheet with parchment paper. Pour all the potatoes and spread them evenly on the surface of the parchment. Do not salt!
4. Put the potatoes to bake in an oven preheated to 230 degrees for 35–40 minutes.
5. Salt the finished French fries well and mix gently.
On a note! If the potatoes are salted before baking, then there will be no crispy crust.
Beautiful golden fries are a versatile side dish for any meat or vegan dish. It’s also a great appetizer and snack. And when it is cooked at home and in the oven, it is doubly better.