One day the time comes and in spite of all our tricks, the hard drive dies. There are a lot of utilities that allow you to extract data from a half-dead hard drive, but what to do when it stops reading at all. The other day I had to remember one not new, but interesting, and in some cases the simplest and most effective recipe for the “last attempt” of extracting data from a dead device, which I will remind someone of, and will open to someone as an innovation – these are not the consequences of April Fools’ Day insanity, despite the unusual approach.
More recently, Habré considered a way to restore motherboards and video cards by warming up. The opposite is true here.
This recipe should be used only when the hard drive is really dead, and you can no longer imagine other ways to restore it.
So here’s what you can do as a final attempt at data recovery.
1. Remove your hard drive from your computer.
2. Put the hard drive in a special freezer bag (buy a good expensive bag for this purpose, they still have such a tight fastener).
3. Now put it inside another bag. As in photo # 1.
4. After that, it should be placed in the coldest place in the freezer.
5. Leave it in the refrigerator for at least 12 hours. (See photo # 2).
6. Now, after cooling down, immediately insert it into the computer while it is cold and start recovering data. Start with the data that matters most to you.
7. After a while, the error may occur again. When this happens, mark for yourself from which point you should continue and repeat the procedure – again a disk in 2 bags and 12 hours of the refrigerator.
8. This procedure should be repeated as many times as necessary to save your data.
Photo 1. Double packing of the disc.
Photo 2. Disk in the refrigerator.
Here’s an original way. Explanations to him at school in physics passed.
Well, in general, the most important thing is to back up your most important data and sleep well and work with pleasure!