Indexation of pensions for working elderly people, new measures of social support for the population and business, protection of the sovereignty of Russia and compatriotsliving in other countries. State Duma deputies and senators expect that Vladimir Putin will raise these topics during the announcement of the message to the Federal Assembly… Experts believe that social issues will become the main one in the president’s speech. However, it cannot be ruled out that some messages will also be addressed to foreign partners, because the appeal will take place on April 21 – on the eve of the virtual climate summit, initiated by US President Joe Biden.
According to Izvestia, due to the fact that the message to the Federal Assembly will be held in person, deputies, senators, as well as governors who plan to take part in it will have to pass a COVID-19 test… It is not known where the communication with the head of state will take place. As Izvestia was told in the parliament, it was previously planned that the message would be announced in the Manege building, but now they want to change the location. Presidential press secretary Dmitry Peskov said that the place will be named after the announcement of accreditation of journalists to it.
The parliament is convinced that Vladimir Putin’s appeal to the Federal Assembly will be significant.
– The message is a serious analytical document on the results and prospects of the country’s development. This time, the main outcome will be Russia’s success in the fight against COVID-19, so this will be a victorious message.… In this difficult situation of the spread of the pandemic in the world, our country is number one in the scientific and humanistic spheres. This is evidenced by the fact that we have developed three vaccines that we are ready to supply to many countries, ”Adalbi Shkhagoshev, first deputy chairman of the United Russia faction in the State Duma, told Izvestia.
Photo: Izvestia / Kristina Kormilitsyna
According to him, at the same time each message is an important adjustment of the state’s development vector, but not a change in landmarks… Therefore, issues of the social sphere, foreign and domestic policy will become the foundation of the appeal.
– Definitely the president will give instructions related to improving the welfare of citizens… I think that this message will also contain signals to the West, both opponents and our partners, that Russia is ready to honestly build relations with everyone, but our national interests will be the priority in them, the parliamentarian believes.
The deputy chairman of the LDPR faction, Yaroslav Nilov, also believes that the message will summarize the results, raise the most important problems, and define the boundaries of the country’s development.
– Traditionally, the message pays special attention to social issues. Personally, I hope that the appeal will reflect the topic of indexation of pensions for working pensioners, and in one form or another this issue will be resolved– the deputy explained to Izvestia.
He added: it is possible that additional measures to support large families will be announcedsince the demographic situation in Russia can hardly be called favorable, as well as new approaches to fighting poverty… In addition, the parliamentarian admitted that the topic of the September elections to the State Duma will be raised, issues of international politics, the fight against COVID-19 and business support will be raised.
The Fair Russia faction is also counting on the return of the indexation of pensions to working elderly people.
– For us, this is a key issue and the main task for the next year. therefore we expect the president to respond to this challenge. I would not like to guess about other topics– Mikhail Yemelyanov, the first deputy chairman of the faction, told Izvestia.
A member of the Communist Party of the Russian Federation, deputy chairman of the committee on information policy, information technology and communications Alexander Yushchenko believes that Vladimir Putin will talk about the prospects for the country’s development in the crisis.
– We see that this crisis has become not only economic, but also political, if we talk about Russia’s relations with the West. Therefore, we expect the president to highlight accents and assess this situation.… 14 years ago, in his Munich speech, Vladimir Putin spoke about our sovereignty, now we see that the confrontation has only intensified, and the desire to deprive us of this sovereignty has grown. We want to hear about what steps will be taken to protect him, – the parliamentarian explained.
Photo: Izvestia / Alexander Kazakov
The first deputy chairman of the Federation Council Committee on Social Policy Valery Ryazansky believes that Vladimir Putin may announce the strengthening of the role of the state in the policy of increasing the incomes of families and the working population.
– I also think that a decision will be made regarding the indexation of pensions for working pensioners.expected in society. It seems to me that the issues of supporting the demography and the health care system will be important, ”the senator told Izvestia.
Andrei Klimov, deputy chairman of the committee on international affairs of the Federation Council, believes that each message from Vladimir Putin is of great importance for the development of the country, as well as for its foreign policy.
– Today global stability, the role of international law and the protection of sovereignty are on the agenda of pressing issues. In one form or another, this will be said… In addition, the message will sound under the conditions of the updated Constitution, where now there are clauses on Russia’s obligation to take care of foreign compatriots. Threats are being heard in the south-east of Ukraine today. I think the president is somehow focusing attention on this, ”the senator explained.
Experts believe that the date of the message is associated with the beginning of the dialogue of the climate summit, which was initiated by US President Joe Biden, who announced the return of the country to the Paris Agreement. Leaders from 40 countries, including Russia, have been invited to the online event.
– On April 22, Earth Day, a virtual summit of heads of state is scheduled. I think that the date of the message (April 21) is interconnected with this event. Therefore, undoubtedly, one of the topics that Vladimir Putin will speak about will be the role of Russia in solving world problems, as well as new global threats. His speech will become a point of entry into the discussion at the international level., and the main problem that he can offer for a joint solution will be climate change, – believes the head of the Political Expert Group, Konstantin Kalachev.
In his opinion, the main topic in the president’s speech will also be the solution of social issues. Including the fight against COVID-19, as well as with a possible third wave of the pandemic. Undoubtedly, Vladimir Putin will talk about Russia’s achievements in developing vaccines and successfully overcoming a difficult period for the economy.
Photo: RIA Novosti / Alexey Nikolsky
– I believe that new measures will be announced to combat poverty, child benefits for families who cannot count on the already existing support measures… I think the head of state will definitely announce the resumption of the indexation of pensions for working pensioners, the expert noted.
The author of the Davydov.Index Telegram channel, Leonid Davydov, also noted the proximity of the date of the message and the start of the summit of world leaders. In his opinion, it will focus not only on the climate agenda, but also on how the world will work in the future. BUT on the eve of the summit, Vladimir Putin can present Russia’s position on all important issues, and his words will be addressed specifically to foreign partners…
– The second part of the message will be devoted to the welfare state 2.0, towards which Russia is moving today. This is a conversation about how to increase the income of the population and develop the economy, – said Leonid Davydov.
The expert noted that everyone who intends to participate in the election campaign will rely on the message in the future.