The human immune system is an extremely important mechanism. It is she who is responsible for protecting against various infections and pathogens. It would seem that the mechanism is simple: the pathogen enters the human body, the production of special cells and antibodies is activated, which recognize the harmful microorganism and destroy it. Such a factory works almost non-stop, because a person is surrounded by a huge number of various microorganisms.
However, it so happens that this debugged circuit fails. And then the person gets sick. The severity of the pathology in him also partially depends on the strength of his immunity: the stronger he is, the easier it will be for the body to cope with pathogens.
At the same time, traditionally during the transition period when the seasons change, they say that immunity is noticeably weakened after a long winter, it does not have enough vitamin supplements and it can start to malfunction. And not everyone can recognize in time what kind of signals indicate that the immune system needs help.
Signs of weak immunity
“Immunity is the universe of our body. And how do you know if something is going wrong? It should be remembered that a number of factors affect the decrease in the body’s defenses, ”says allergist-immunologist Gulnoza Abdullaeva.
As the doctor notes, a decrease in the body’s defenses is literally inevitable if there is:
- sleep disturbance with lack of sleep, different times of getting up and going to bed, etc.;
- violation of the diet – starving and overeating is equally harmful, as well as not monitoring the quality of food;
- bad habits;
- physical inactivity, lack of physical activity;
- unfavorable ecological situation.
These factors can be called the main ones in weakening the immune system. At the same time, not everyone can accurately recognize which signals can be regarded as the first bells about a decrease in immunity.
So, as Gulnoza Abdullaeva says, you should be wary if you feel on a regular basis:
- Chronic fatigue, when, even after rest, there is a feeling as if it was not there.
- Drowsiness, or, conversely, insomnia, should be especially alert if it occurs out of the blue, without any preconditions.
- Fatigue and irritability.
- The presence of headaches.
- Development of recurrent pain in muscles and joints.
When such signals appear, you should reconsider your regimen and consult a doctor who, for example, can recommend vitamins or other means of preventing and improving the situation with immunity.
Deterioration of the situation
It is important to understand that if the body’s first signals for help are ignored, then the risks of a worsening of the situation and the appearance of louder bells increase, the immunologist notes.
So, the following problems may become more serious signals indicating a deterioration in immunity and a weakness of its defense:
- Frequent acute respiratory infections. The manifestations of colds, which are noted more than 4-6 times a year, should be alerted.
- Complication of the course of acute respiratory infections, for example, they can last longer than usual: more than 2 weeks is already a reason to be wary.
- Recurrent manifestations of infection. These can be manifestations of herpes on the lips and nose, problems with stool in terms of its disorder, the development of furunculosis, manifestations of such ENT problems as sinusitis, sinusitis, otitis media, tonsillitis.
It is also worth starting to worry if the temperature is kept at a constant level of 37-37.5 degrees. All this indicates that the body cannot cope on its own and needs help.
How to restore your health?
There are many ways to restore your health. Tips, tricks, medications – the list is endless. Of the simple (you can even call them banal) advice – correction of nutrition in the direction of healthier, more rational and balanced, rejection of traditionally unhealthy foods. In spring, vitamins are required more than ever, which means fruits and vegetables, but it is not worth going to extremes, eating them in kilograms, everything requires a reasonable approach.
It is also worth adding more movement to your life: it is enough to walk before going to bed, exchange the sofa with the TV for some activity, if you work close to home, make a choice in favor of returning home from work on foot rather than by transport, and provide yourself with lifts to the floor. not by elevator, but on foot. Of course, it is worth taking care of good sleep, calmness of the nervous system and getting rid of bad habits. Also, do not forget about simple personal hygiene: regular hand washing, giving up the habit of touching your face with your hands, etc.
As for medications, they should not be taken on their own, despite the temptations and the presence of a large number of options in pharmacies. It is advisable to consult a doctor who will select the optimal drug, dosage, and course. Hardening options are also worth discussing with a specialist so as not to make yourself worse.