The new system of video surveillance of the elections will provide qualified and total control of the vote, the CEC noted… This issue became one of the key issues at the CEC meeting on August 30. They also recalled that up to 98% of voters and 96% of polling stations will be covered, and in total about 55 thousand accounts will be created for observation… The corresponding centers will be fully prepared by September 15, Rostelecom promised. The Public Chamber told Izvestia that the new system will reduce the number of fakes about elections and provide the opportunity to exercise control to all interested parties.
Representation at the CEC meeting on Monday was impressive: in addition to delegates from the parties, the commission was attended by representatives of the Ministry of Finance, Rostelecom, HRC, the Public Chamber, and human rights ombudsman Tatyana Moskalkova.
The CEC explained this format not only by cost savings. The head of the commission, Ella Pamfilova, noted that the new procedure will solve the main problem – “providing targeted, qualified, subject and total video surveillance”…
Photo: TASS / Anton Vergun
– We offer an unprecedentedly large-scale system in terms of coverage: more than 50 thousand video cameras plus 6 thousand devices with online broadcasting and another 36 thousand video recording devices… In total, 96% of TECs and PECs are covered by video surveillance, where more than 98% of voters can potentially vote, ”said the CEC chair.
She added that video surveillance participants will receive a total of at least 54,849 accounts to access the portal…
– Exactly this tool provides a quick response to a violation, is a preventive measure and allows you to resolve disputes, – Tatyana Moskalkova noted at the meeting…
She stressed that there is great interest in the Russian system from abroad. “Ombudsmen of eight states will arrive in Moscow and the regions“, – stressed the representative.
Photo: RIA Novosti / Alexey Kudenko
Rostelecom promised that by September 15, all CCTV centers will be fully ready… At the same time, the very presence of video recorders significantly reduces the number of violations in the elections, said Deputy Chairman of the Public Chamber of Moscow Alexei Venediktov at a meeting of the CEC.
Representatives of political parties, in turn, spoke about the desire to close as many polling stations as possible by observers. In “United Russia”, in particular, they noted their special responsibility for the control of the elections.
– We will dispatch 95,000 observers to all parts of the country. 10 thousand of our activists will control their activities. We did three stages of trainingso that each observer has the qualifications and can competently approach his work, – said at the meeting the deputy secretary of the general council of the party Yevgeny Revenko.
Maxim Grigoriev, Chairman of the Coordination Council of the OP on Public Observation of Voting, gave a high assessment to the work of the Central Election Commission during his speech.…
– We state that the system is much more ambitious than it was before. Almost all Russian citizens will have access through public headquarters and public observation centers.… In each region, sites have already been found for the placement of centers, conditions for the work of persons with disabilities will be created there, – the public figure listed the advantages of the new system.
Photo: TASS / Vitaly Nevar
Earlier, the head of the CEC noted that video surveillance would not be only in specific areas: in hospitals and pre-trial detention centers. During their speeches, representatives of the regions spoke about the active work on the organization of public observation centers.
The Public Chamber also told Izvestia that the new order will avoid the growth of fakes about the elections.
– We in the OP this year faced false information. If we assume that video surveillance will work for everyone for all three days, then the threat from unscrupulous people is obvious. They can use these videos for editing, gluing and creating all sorts of questionable videos for stuffing., – noted the head of the OP working group on countering the dissemination of inaccurate information Alexander Malkevich.
He added that all participants in the electoral process will still get access to their accounts and no one will be harmed… At the same time, the system itself did not change, only the procedure for access to it was transformed, political analyst Pavel Danilin noted in a conversation with Izvestia.
– Everything is free for candidates and public observers. Ordinary citizens are not really interested in this. If you want to be very active, get accredited with the Public Chamber of the region and supervise. No problem, – the expert noted.
Photo: Izvestia / Andrey Ershtrem
Elections to the State Duma of the eighth convocation are scheduled for a single voting day on September 19, 2021. Due to the pandemic, they will take place over three days – September 17, 18 and 19. Also, the EDG should hold direct elections for the heads of nine constituent entities of the Russian Federation (in three more regions, deputies of legislative assemblies will elect the highest administrative persons) and 39 regional parliaments. In several constituent entities, elections will be held, including in a remote mode.