In addition to the main ingredients, you can add any dinner leftovers to this tortilla: meat, fish or vegetables.
If you are tired of the usual fried or boiled eggs, make this unusual breakfast version. The recipe is very flexible, so you can literally add whatever ingredients you want to it. This option from Budget Bytes is Mexican.
Lavash recipe with eggs
- 1 round flatbread or pita bread
- ½ st. grated cheese
- ¼ red sweet pepper
- 4 eggs
- Olive oil
- Salt, pepper, paprika to taste
- 2 tbsp diced green chillies (optional)
- 1 green onion
- 2 tbsp salsa/yogurt/other sauce
- Preheat oven to 180ºC. Grease a round baking dish with olive oil.
- Place the tortilla in a baking dish so that the edges curl up along the sides of the dish. Put half of the cheese on the bottom of the tortilla, then the diced peppers and chili.
- Crack four eggs over vegetables and cheese. Season the dish and sprinkle on the rest of the cheese.
- Bake the dish for about 20 minutes so that the yolks remain slightly runny. After baking, spread a couple of tablespoons of the sauce over the baked eggs and sprinkle chopped green onions on top.
- Pass a knife between the tortilla and the pan, then remove the dish from the mold and cut into quarters.
Serve hot and enjoy!